Port Force or Block

MrD3SAi

First of all... BIG UPs for uTorrent... I love it! I have been using this client at home and my servers nonstop! I am now trying to use it at work, however, we have setup rules to block IRC traffic at work. There few ports such as 6666-6999 and 2302 and few others that are blocked off and when I use uTorrent it sets off these alerts. Is there anyway to force to another port or block traffic from these ports completely? That way I do not set off alerts.

Thanks in advance,

MrD3SAi

Yeah, a firewall is probably all you can do about incoming connections. :( Why are there so many people using service ports fo BT? :(

Because they have the "get it for free and get it now" mentality, lack the desire to understand what they are doing and should be using a Etch-A-Sketch instead.

I just wanted to second the request to block ports. I want to avoid the obvious BitTorrent ports 6881-6889, so I need my BitTorrent client to ignore any peer using those ports, both for incoming and outgoing connections.

This is the one feature in Azureus that keeps me from switching to the smaller and spiffier uTorrent.

Because they have the "get it for free and get it now" mentality, lack the desire to understand what they are doing and should be using a Etch-A-Sketch instead.

um, i don't understand how that relates to using service ports..

I just wanted to second the request to block ports. I want to avoid the obvious BitTorrent ports 6881-6889, so I need my BitTorrent client to ignore any peer using those ports, both for incoming and outgoing connections.

sorry, why do you need this? you do realise that removing people using default ports will slow down your DL speeds?

I just wanted to second the request to block ports. I want to avoid the obvious BitTorrent ports 6881-6889' date=' so I need my BitTorrent client to ignore any peer using those ports, both for incoming and outgoing connections.[/quote']

sorry, why do you need this? you do realise that removing people using default ports will slow down your DL speeds?

That is because if we wanted to download @ work, school, or anywhere those ports or any other ports that are blocked, filter, or would throw up any alerts you would want to block incoming/outgoing connections to peers on those ports that way at least you can still connect to othe peers on the torrent without being blocked, filtered, or alterted.

MrD3SAi

Archived