µTorrent kills connection

Venom

ok ever since i upgraded to 1.3 ive been having nothing but trouble, everytime i open µTorrent it works fine but after say 5mins it kills my connection everything just dies and my usb light on my modem just goes off i know its nothing to do with my computer because it only happens when i have µTorrent open if i dont use µTorrent it doesnt kill my connection, how can i stop µTorrent killing my connection, its hard to explain but when µTorrent isnt running i can browse web etc but when it runs for about 5mins it stops downloading uploading everything i cant brwose the internet i have to restart my computer and modem to get things working again remember this only happenes when i use µTorrent and start dwonload at speeds higher then 700kbs please help me

i also use outpost firewall my isp is ntl im on a 10mb connection and i still get the problem with no programs running except µTorrent im also on windows xp sp2

settings0zt.jpg

I left everything the same when i updated i didnt change a thing and yes i have my upload at ~75% the only other thing i have running when it messes up is Nod32 & Outpost Pro Firewall but the thing is even when Nod32 & Outpost Pro Firewall isnt running, it still happens

i turned it off still killed my connection i also uninstalled outpost still the same, it only does it on µTorrent other torrent clients work i dont want to change as i find µTorrent the best to use anymore help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14267333?hilite=bitcomet+connection

http://www.p2pforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=100524#100524

Try this solution.. they are usin different torrent client but the same prob.

I just upgraded router firmware(my router is quite old i'm not sure this will work) and specified the global maximum download rate = 250 & global maximum upload rate = 18 in the Utorrent option.

running Utorrent and waiting to see whether this solved the problem..

ok heres another solution

try to disable "Checksum Offload" in your Lan card option. Windows i'm usin is not english version so i can't explain where u can change it but it is in the network option in control panel

this might help you. updating router firmware did'nt work for me so i'm gonna try this...

Just stick with µTorrent...it is the best thing in the world of Torrents.

I have your same problem: with µTorrent, with Azureus, with Classic Torrent...with Shareaza, with eMule.

It's not the software...it's something else :P

I found out that better stability comes from not "overloading" the connection.

With this settings my connection keeps up for days :

Global Max Connections = 60

The rest is almost default...

I upload at a good 25Kb, and download as high as the swarm allows...I really can't say I percived a decrement of performance.

Maybe you can toy with values of 70 ... 80 ... 90 ... untill you find your highest possible Max Number ;)

Azureus, bitcomet, bittorrent, bittornado, abc etc ALL WORK its just µTorrent and it only started happening when i upgraded to 1.3 now even if i downgrade its doing it

"The problem lies, I'm quite sure, with your modem. It seems to be a crap one to me. Try aggressively limiting your max connections and you'll probably see that it fixes the problem."

No im sure it isnt lol if everything works untill i open µTorrent then its deffenetly µTorrent i dont want to stop usen µTorrent that is why im asking for help and all im getting is alot of well you know, i pay almost £60 for my connection so i do not think my modem is "Crap" ive rang my isp up and they told me nothing is wrong they even sent out one of those engineer guys to see if the problem was with my modem he left 5mins later said nothing was wrong so it is 100% µTorrent i also tryed putting my max connections down to 50 still does the exact same

Disabling checksum offload didn't work for me. Now i'm in total confusion..

I'm using nForce4 on board network card. Lots of people sayin that there are some problem with this

network card. I don't know which network card Venom is using but my conclusion

is that DEFINITELY NETWORK CARD OR MY ROUTER IS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM!! but i'm not sure which one!!

any 1 have suggestion???????????????????????

-------

ok i'm gonna try other BT client to make sure Utorrent isn't the cause of this problem

------------

tried Azureus internet connnection also dies after about 15 mins while i'm downloading.

I dont know who i could try a different modem guys i got one that my isp gave me and thats it ? i do not have a network card i hook my connection up from my usb cable to the back of my modem and as i said before utorrent use to work fine i have no idea whats wrong how can i upgrade my fireware what do i upgrade if i dont have a router also i dont have a amd system its a dell dimension 4300 and everything worked fine before on this system this has only started happening recently thanks again for all your help guys!!

Archived