Yellow yield sign, problem with port. Cant port forward!

OrangeGlow

So basically ive gathered this from the 2-3 months ive had this problem.

- I have RoadRunner from Time Warner Cable

- Roadrunner does not support a static IP, so I cannot port forward

- Roadrunner constantly changes my dynamic ip, so at times utorrent will be downloading beautifully at 300-400 kb\s, and at other times it has the yellow yield sign and is downloading at zero to none. (I know the dynamic ip is changing because my wireless internet disconnects periodically. After every time it disconnects i have to restart the router, and then utorrent no longer downloads well. I also know because I read someone else asking a question about roadrunner and he said it constantly changes his ip address)

- I use Norton. It is not the problem. I've gone as far as to disable the firewall and nothing happens.

- Lastly, Im not 100% sure about any of this information so feel free to challange it.

Thank you. I hope this is a problem easy enough to solve.

-OG

- Roadrunner does not support a static IP, so I cannot port forward

Static IP has nothing to do with your router's public IP. It has to do with your computer's internal IP if you have a router (See RFC1918 for the list of such addresses).

- I use Norton. It is not the problem. I've gone as far as to disable the firewall and nothing happens.

Norton's hooks into the operating system do NOT stop when you only disable it. They stop when you uninstall it.

To setup port forwarding on this router your computer needs to have a static ip address. Take a look at our Static IP Address guide to setup a static ip address. When you are finished setting up a static ip address, please come back to this page and enter the ip address you setup in the Static IP Address box below.

Do not skip this step!

Please enter the static ip you want to forward to:

192.168.0._

Exactly what i was told by TWC tech support I couldn't do. :\

Router: Netgear CG814WG

Can you help me? I have a neufbox NB4-SER-r0 ,I could not find this at all on portforward.com, so as such cannot forward my port.

until Tuesday of last week I had a beautiful green connection then on Wednesday bang up comes the yellow triangle.

I have downloaded openoffice to check and that speed is fine, though the number of peers has dropped off and the speed is now fluctuating.

Any ideas , and to make things worse I'm a complete idiot with all things tecky,so the more simple the better.

Cheers in advance

oh by the way I've checked norton no probs there all connections are authorised

For all i know its all we have. However, I did not buy the router\modem so I would not know.

That's beside the point. All I know is that it's potluck if it works. I have set up port forwarding (as best I could) for a few of my most used ports but they dont seem to work.

I've used this: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/CG814WG/CG814WGindex.htm

Archived