Help. Error:Files missing from job. Please recheck

dahjr1975

I was downloading something with many files. The overall download was not complete. I moved a file from one location to another because it was listed as 100% downloaded. I received the message: Error:Files missing from job. Please recheck... I then moved the file back to its original destination and tried resume the torrent download but it continues to give me the same error. help please.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem but mine is that the DL completes at 100% with all files there. I leave it there to seed back. Then a few days to a couple of weeks later the files disappear and I get the "Error: files missing" message in the uTorrent window. I have not moved the files from their original DL folder. This has happened 6-8 times in the past month. What is happening and how can I prevent this? Please help.

the files are still there after a recheck. "Forced Start" following a recheck only starts downloading again and I don't want to download. I want to seed back.

Yes, the DL'd files are saved to an external drive. At the moment I have 17 completed DL'd torrents sitting in uTorrent, stored on the external drive and all of which but 2 have the blue up arrow (and occasionally seed to others). Those two that had the red X until I forced a recheck now they have the blue down arrow, trying to DL again.

Why some files remain in seed mode and others get the red X and an "Error: files missing" message is what is puzzling me.

The files are complete. I'm just wanting to seed back what I have DL'd and therein lies the problem.

Archived