Path Error due to number of Partitions.

duytrung

I use utorrent to share files using USB method. I copies the files: settings.dat & resume.dat into my USB drive.

My desktop has 2 partitions: C: and D:, so when plugging in the USB, it's marked E: by default.

I run utorrent and it created the files in my flashdrive. Then I plugged out and the plugged in into another computer which has 3 partitions C: D: E:, now the system regconed the flashdrive as F:. I run utorrent again and catched a bug!. It said please check the torrent for the missing files. I forced recheck the download, then I discovered that the files are now re-created in the partition E: of the HDD but in the flashdrive!

I think that utorrent is not clever enough in distiguishing a flashdrive and a harddrive.

... Not a bug. Windows controls volume mounting. You should either 1) force the flashdrive to be E:,2) switch to 1.8 where settings can be configured so torrents can be local to the settings directory, or 3) set a high drive letter like X: to be your flash drive.

It should be noted, that SAVING incomplete torrents to a flash drive SIGNIFICANTLY lessen the lifetime of said drive due to the nature of the solid-state media.

I know what you mean. However, some computer in internet-cafe (for public-accessing internet) does not allow us to change the settings of Windows.

My thinking about this problem is why don't we assign the removable-flash-drive letter for utorrent to recognize, whenever we plug out flashdrive into its port. The dynamic assigning and automatically will be better

Archived