not a bencoded file

NotEvsie

Hi, I'm not even sure if this is an issue with utorrent, or something else in my system that's not working right, but I thought I'd ask here first.

When making a torrent in utorrent I get an error saying it's not a bencoded file when I try to add it to the tracker. It also takes a ridiculously long time to make the .torrent file, not sure why it's started doing this, so if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful.

The reason I suspect it's not strictly utorrent related is that I've tried maketorrent2 as well, and have the same problems.

Any advice gratefully received.

tracker's fine - loads of other torrents going up on it from other people... any idea what could be corrupting the file?

I've scanned with all manner of antivirus / spyware / registry cleaners and checked hijack this log, they're all clear.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 loads bencoded files.

And failing that use a hex editor to view your torrent. Could your hard drive have errors?

It's also possible "taking forever" could be something with your hard drives not working in UDMA mode... check the controller properties in devmgmt.msc to be sure CURRENT transfer mode is not PIO.

Archived