Which tracker software is the best..

ReP0

I'm about to embark on coding up my own bt client for learning purposes however I obviously need to setup a testbed and one of the components is tracker software.

Can anyone recommend me the most latest feature rich bittorrent tracker. One that supports SSL, UDP etc, that is, most of the features as they currently exist in bittorrent. Preference would be to have the server running on Vista but I have a feeling that's going to be asking for too much. Linux is ok as well as I'll run that in a virtual machine and manage it that way.

I've done a google but I can't get a feel for what is the best. I hope to draw upon everyones experiences in making the choice.

TIA.

PS: Appreciate that utorrent has it's own tracker but I want a more full blown version like torrent sites use.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi RePO, i have a active Tracker and i have this software:

www.btiteam.org

This is a multilanguage Tracker with very many languages. The Admin CP is easy and clearly. The Tracker is installed on a Webhoster in Germany (alfahosting.de). I have 300 members, ca. 100 leechers and 500 seeders = 600 peers. This is not a probleme with this tracker.

You must have a webspace with MySQL and PHP 4.0 or higher.

My website is in my signatur.

UDP tracker support is a good concept with a bad implementation.

Everything about bittorrent is integrety-preferenced, not latecny-preferenced.

Any tracker package that supports it has a strike against it in my book.

SSL support is more than a little excessive for even above-normal paranoia levels.

PHP trackers tend to not be as scalable as those that are written in other languages.

• 1 month later...
UDP tracker support is a good concept with a bad implementation.

Everything about bittorrent is integrety-preferenced, not latecny-preferenced.

Any tracker package that supports it has a strike against it in my book.

It's just that the biggest trackers on this ball of rock have about 20% of their requests made via UDP... and they'd prefer if it were even more.

Archived