Actual files size displayed on selective downloading

jhn195

The current "Size" column will displayed the full size of the torrent even if you're doing selective downloading. It will be great if the column can reflect only the actual size of the files you're downloading. Not only this will look better but it actually helps you to prepared beforehand how much space you actually need.

Eg if you're downloading only half the files in a 4GB size torrent, it should list out 2GB/4GB or 2GB(4GB). If you only need 400MB then it should list out 400MB/4GB or 400MB(4GB)

Please vote YES! here

The % sign already does adjust to the selected files size, and when you complete all the files, it shows 100% too. As for the size column... I just feel like it should be left alone. lol I'm lacking an explanation at the moment -- it's just a feeling I have about people (like meeee xD) getting confused from the column's changed number.

I think this is a pretty valid idea. Just make a note that it's not the size of the whole torrent by marking the truncated value with an indicator, like the size of the complete torrent in parentheses as mentioned, or maybe some sort of descriptive tag, like for selective? :)

Another varient of selective download is what I did just recently with a series of files. I already had some of them and started the torrent already able to upload.

Much to my surprise, I reached my set seeding limit a lot sooner than I expected because µTorrent didn't count the whole filesize for the basis of how much to seed -- only what I downloaded.

I did not see in advance or even a little ways in (short of grabbing a calculator and doing some math) that I didn't have to seed the whole torrent 100+% to meet my seeding requirement. Sadly, it meant my connection was idle and not uploading for possibly a couple hours before I could start the torrent back up with an increased seed limit.

• 1 year later...

Archived