Can't close utorrent

PythagoreanLEGO

uTorrent stops responding whenever I try to close it. I am also unable to stop the process "utorrent.exe" in the Task Manager. The rest of my computer runs fine while uTorrent crashes. This has happened with the Stable 1.7.7, 1.8 beta build 10198, and 1.8 beta build 10431. I'm not sure if this happened to me with 1.7.6. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this the only way to solve this problem? Downloading torrents are find with this version of uTorrent and my Vista Home Premium. Just that when I exit the app, it hangs and I can't even shut it down with the Task Manager.

Do I really have to uninstall ZoneAlarm cos I've been using this for a long time.....

Uninstall it to see if it's the problem. Checking http://utorrent.com/faq.php#Incompatible_software shows it's in the list of known problem apps. It works on some people's systems, but on others it causes havoc.

Or you could provide the HJT log and have criticism of your other installed apps to see if the fault could lie elsewhere.

Archived