red icon, but port open

mrvoltaire

I'm not sure what's going on. I have no problems with speed. I do the port test and my port is forwarded properly. But lately the connection icon has been red. (And for a while before that it's been yellow.) While my speeds are still great, and I seem to be uploading fairly consistently, I'm wondering if I am truly connectible. Why is that damn icon red (or yellow) instead of green? Especially as it seems like I'm having no trouble downloading or uploading (download speeds are often ~900 kB/s and upload at my cap of 100 kB/s).

mrv

Speeds are still fantastic and icon is still red.

I do use COMODO Firewall, but I disable it just to see if it would make a difference. Though I had instructed it to allow incoming and outgoing connections for uTorrent previously (though who knows if that info has survived COMODO upgrades- it's not the easiest program to find things in).

Yeah, but Windows Firewall is always off, and even when I completely shut down Comodo FW (not just disable, but exit the program), I still get the red icon. Yes my transfer speeds are fine. I just don't get an "I" connections, they are all H or X. I'm thinking maybe there's something funky going on with my router.

I had the same problem and it was caused by an adjustment that I did from a Utube video I watched.

I did the adjustments it recommended and when I rebooted my computer all the icones went "RED" I still had connectivity but all icons where red.

Luckily I had the program loaded on my laptop untouched and reset all the advanced settings and tada all green and happy!!!

I am not saying this is what happened to you but if so that worked for me , good luck.

• 1 month later...

I have been downloading for months without problems on 1.7.7 but the past few days i have red dl arows and the dl does not start. After some hours an error msg apears saying dl wont open...

I have obviously changed something (speed or port or ?) without uderstanding what I'm doing. How can I return to default settings or something to correct present situation. Any help wud be much appreciated.

put me down as a "me too" - for me also this is a new problem that I can't trace to any changes I've made, but in my case, I don't get an error message...

I just tested with an openoffice d/l & it went as fast as I could hope for...but another d/l has been sitting there, barely dribbling in, despite having a big swarm.

• 1 year later...

is this a bug i have the same red icon but port is forward and downloads are fast checked the firewall disabled even to test. Why don't you have any solution? updates are to improve not make the product nonfunctional. should i downgrade to an older version? are you going to resolve your program issues. I did no changes to my computer between working and not working. i guess you have became a sales tool for portforwarding software like the rest of these downloaders. is it time to move on or will this be resolved?

Archived