Unexplained Download Limit

Nucampe

I'm not sure whether to post this in Speed Problems, but it definitely seems to be a setting I can't find rather than a general slowness issue:

I've just started using uTorrent again and seem to have a download cap of 30K visible in my status bar. I've tried removing this by checking the Download Preferences (set to 0) and disabling the scheduler, but it's still there. Right-clicking on the status bar and selecting any figure above 30K does nothing, but I can still choose a value less than 30 and that's what appears at the bottom.

As of now I'm operating through an unforwarded port because I can't change my router settings until tomorrow, but it doesn't seem like that's the problem because I can't imagine it setting an arbitrary limit. What's going on here, is there a Windows setting I have to look for?

That's what's set at 10, but when I set it to 0 I still had the 30K download limit. I wondered whether the download limit was related to the upload limit, but I can set the upload limit to a value higher than 30 (or unlimited) and the download limit's still 30.

Archived