Getting lots of failed hash check

Ghost21

• 2 months later...

A 8,5 GiB torrent probably has pieces as large as 4 MiB so detecting and banning bad peers can take a long time. Only one corrupt chunk and the whole piece is of no use. It happens I currently have this problem as well, and I have no clue what to do to prevent it. I disabled protocol encryption, but that just doesnt cut it.

• 1 year later...

Hate to bring this up again but my lastnight problem was also "Getting lots of failed hash check" as the thread title says.

Last night, for a 124 MiB torrent, I had 1.77 GiB of wasted data! Here in Australia, our downloads are counted. I myself have only 10 GiB Off Peak allowance per month of and this was like 17.7% of it. Running the latest uTorrent 1.7 beta build 1703. Whatever the implementation that has been done so far for preventing wasting download, hasn't unfortunately worked for me last night. Is this is a known bug with 1703 build?

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello I am new here and I am not that bright when it comes to computer lingo. But I am trying to download [read announcement!] and it has two failed hash checks what exactly does that mean? Do I have to look for another link to download? Or is it my computer? Sorry for all the questions .

A piece failed hash check, re-downloading it

This is a benign message, you can safely ignore it. It means that you received a piece of the file that didn't check out as being correct, so it will be downloaded again. Probable cause of this might be someone incorrectly using the "skip hash check" option. If this option is incorrectly used on a not-yet complete file, the client will send pieces to its peers that are not correct and fail the built-in hash checking routines meant to catch such errors.

Archived