Make a Stable releasae

RelievedSimpleto

Hello,

This is probably going to seem like an odd request, but what I'd really love to see is for you guys to stop adding a bunch of features, and to instead first get all the bugs out of what's there (if there are any, I haven't seen them.) I have good reasoning for this too. Almost every tracker I use now has started having a "Allowed Clients" list, and they won't add Betas. So while new features are always nice, it'd be awesome if you could first release a "Stable" release, and then add features to a new release after that's out. Just my 2 cents but I'd love to get rid of Azureus as it's a bloated piece of junk that brings my system to a halt.

Thanks,

RS

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not saying uTorrent for Mac isn't stable yet, but there needs to be a release tagged Stable in order to get accepted to these trackers. Hope saying this prevents me from getting "flamed."

Tell the tracker admins that an arbitrarily assigned label by developers is the last thing they should consider before allowing or disallowing a client.

There are a few bugs in uTorrent, none of which directly affect seeding/leeching. The data loss bug comes closest and that one's among the highest priority to be fixed.

Yeah, I feel the same exact way as you, that being tagged Beta or Stable doesn't mean anything. I just wish that the tracker admins felt the same way. On the 30 or so trackers I'm a member, it seems as if about 20-25 won't allow uTorrent for Mac, and sadly my system is much less bogged down running uTorrent in Windows XP in VMWare Fusion than with the Vuze client for Mac. Kinda sad to see how bloated Vuze is. Anyways, just wondering if there's any sort of road map for when there's going to be a stable release, or is it just gonna be a random thing where one day you all decide it's considered Stable? Anyways, I'd like to thank you all for your work on uTorrent for Mac, definitely looking forward to being able to use it everywhere.

• 1 year later...

uTorrent beta for mac is more stable than Transmission's stable releases, and works way better than Vuze or BitTorrent.

Its the best most stable bit torrent available currently for Macs.

However as mentioned, trackers won't accept it as its labeled beta. Any chance of it becoming a stable 1.0 soon? Its working perfectly for ages for me. Just move the current bugs to known bugs with V1 and you're ready to go.

• 2 months later...

I'm agree with RelievedSimpleto, I love 0.9.3 alpha ( it's beta now), but I can't use it a lot, because I'm using "Private Trackers" all the time, Six of my seven PTs don't allow uT for Mac, just because it is still beta!

HenryH is right, uT beta(even alpha) for mac is more stable than Transmission's stable releases, and works way better than Vuze, so just tag 0.9.3.10 stable or special stable PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Archived