'Pieces' collumn in 'Peer' tab

Stone

Sorry if it's been posted before, i didn't found it

Since i've started using uTorrent i always wanted to see what pieces have those peers who i'm connected to, like in azureus

azpeerpiece1ue.jpg

I think it wouldn't be hard to implement, since something similar is used in "Downloaded" bar and "Pieces" collumn under "Files" tab

• 1 month later...

No. It's just that I think it's useful to see what other peers have. I don't say it's essential, not at all, and I won't die if this feature is not implemented (it will be the case).

I think it is as useful as the column "client" in the peers tab: ok you see what peer has such client, and then what? ;)

if the peers tab show many utorrent 1.5 and many azureus 2.4.0.2, u can expect there to be Encryption enabled peers and/or peer exchange candidates, then u see if u have chances of getting anything, if u see many people with DHT compatible clients u can expect DHT to work just fine in case the tracker goes down and u have to use DHT (if u dont us it all the time just like me), and many more things, u will feel glad many people using utorrent over other clients... xD

• 1 month later...

.... and you can see when new version of your favorite client arrives... (since I turned auto-update off).

Anyway, back to topic, I vote FOR implementing the 'piece' column. It will add about 0.1% in size of .EXE and about 1-2% in CPU usage, IMHO. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Isn't it nice when you sort peers by this criteria? :rolleyes:

Size? If you don't have the source code, you can't make any estimation about the increase that it'll incur by adding it. As for CPU usage, who knows. Sorting? All it'd do is sort by percent completion anyway, so it wouldn't make any difference.

Question: What will you do if you find out what pieces every peer have? There's nothing you can do to get the pieces faster anyway.

I prefer having a small program that does what is needed.

So then, the pieces tab could aswell be removed?

Merged double post(s):

Sorry if it's been posted before, i didn't found it

Since i've started using uTorrent i always wanted to see what pieces have those peers who i'm connected to, like in azureus

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6780/azpeerpiece1ue.jpg

I think it wouldn't be hard to implement, since something similar is used in "Downloaded" bar and "Pieces" collumn under "Files" tab

I have also missed something like this. Or maybe the pieces tab could have a column that shows from who you are downloading the piece.

EDIT by silverfire: I swear, eventually I'm going to start deleting double posts instead of merging them.

Archived