Can't add new torrents via Web UI

bluemoonj

I installed utorrent in an Acer easyStore H340 windows home server and registered uTorrent as a service.

I am able to connect to the web UI, but when I tried to add any Torrents via the web UI, nothing was added, so far I tried 3 different browsers, including firefox 3.5.2, IE 8, Chrome 2.0

none of above browsers work. I checked the logger

in Firefox, it shows "[22:25:56] JS error: [1] missing } in XML expression".

in IE8 and Chrome, NO error reported in logger with the same torrent files.

I have tried two different torrent files, both have the same error in Firefox, also no errors reported in Chrome and IE

I also tried both torrents with uTorrent at my local desktop (no webui), both torrents start to download immediately.

any idea what was wrong?

thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was having the same problem. Using ubuntu with the lastest 2.0 Beta and the 2.1 of utorrent and I can not add torrents using the webui. 1.8 works fine.

I found an older version of 2.0 ver 16546 and it works fine. I haven't had a chance to try other ones and find out which version it started not working at.

I have tried it with Chromium 4.0.277.0 (35087) and Firefox 3.5.6 in Ubuntu 9.10 and Google Chrome in Windows XP, and in all it fails.

The error in Chromium (same in Chrome in Windows XP):

captura_012.png

And, according to others in the same thread, I am not to the only one that fails it.

It fails with the WebUI version 0.361 and 0.362.

Regards.

Yeah, it's Windows... but I'm confused as to how you're able to get error messages for XP based machines, and not be able to test µTA. Oh well.

Anyhow, I don't know what to say about it not working properly under Wine -- others have reported it, but I can't really say with any certainty that it's been looked into.

I use Ubuntu 9.10 but I have Windows XP in a virtual machine (VirtualBox).

I have tried "µTorrent Adder" (Unicode and ANSI) in Ubuntu and Windows XP and it does nothing.

EDIT:

The error is independent of the operating system because it fails on both: Windows and Linux. And it is also independent of the browser because it fails in Chrome, Chromium and Firefox.

Doesn't explain why only Linux/Wine users are reporting the problem. Just because you're testing it on VirtualBox doesn't mean it's actually representative of Windows -- the virtual machine still has to go through the Linux networking stack to send the .torrent file out. I'll see if I can test a Linux install and pass along anything I observe, but I can't make any guarantees.

Windows in VirtualBox works almost identically to a standard Windows.

Besides, I've used localhost in both test (Linux and Windows), so virtual machine hasn't to go through the Linux networking.

I will ask another people who uses Windows if they works.

EDIT:

I was trying to open a ticket in Trac but it's down again, so I write here:

A friend has tested it in Windows2008_x64, with µTorrent v. 2.0 b.17668 and webui.1220503364, and it fails too, but he has discovered that it works if he disables WebUI.token_auth.

v0.362 WIP (2009-05-26)

* Fixed: #50 (add-file input form not token authentication ready)

So yeah. Token authentication support was fixed more than half a year ago.

The fact of the matter is, uploading is working for your friend as well on Windows. He just happened to be testing a WebUI build that has slightly broken token authentication support, but that's completely unrelated to the real issue at hand.

And yeah, Trac seems to be down again. No clue why.

Archived