Upgrade has killed all activity

Jucealala

I upgraded to 2.0 a few days ago. Now, most of the time nothing happens, when it does I'm maxing speeds of 14kb/s which is ridiculously frustrating.

I've reset all my settings through 2.0s speed test. I have re read the setup guide and followed instructions (which used to be good and in depth and now seems to be 'do the speed test through 2.0 and hit save'), read Ultimas setup guide and tried number 2 of Switecks links (conservative settings - and all different ones at that). Still nothing.

Speed tests through speedtest.net show my dl is 8.68mb/s, ul 0.47mb/s, ping 10ms.

Nothing else has changed on my computer or internet settings. The only thing I haven't tried is a youtube setup guide and I really really don't want to do that.

Help please!!

I'm somewhat reluctant to do that. I don't think it's Mcafee, I've never had a problem with it, plus, I have just started utorrent for the day, have paused all downloads except OpenOffice and I'm getting speeds of up to 480kb/s, but only for that. It has now downloaded and installed.

Utorrent is clearly capable of working with a very high speed. It's just being picky!

I'm not sure what to do with openoffice now, though....

If OpenOffice is fast but others are not...then perhaps the others don't have as many generous or good seeds?

And if the seeds aren't as good/generous, you need to give more to peers to encourage them to give more to you. But likewise you shouldn't upload so fast as to overload your line...or upload to so many peers at once that each gets very little from you. :(

Archived