UT server WebUI interface IP bind

hwk

Good day,

I new here and the reason i'm writing is that i want to know if it's possible to make the WebUI interface work on a certain IP, since my box has more than 1.

By default it works on all IP.

NOTE: I am talking about the WebUI interface, want to be binded only on ip22:myport, not on ip21:myport, ip20:myport and so on.

Thanks

Not the same deal.

I looked into this more. It looks like the program won't support selecting the IP (interface) to which the HTTP interface belongs. You may need to solve this with firewall rules on the computer running utserver. That's if you want to control the computer on which utserver is running so that utserver exposes its HTTP interface only through one of the network interfaces on that computer.

Based on the contents of this thread, now I'm not sure if you are asking how to limit the computer running utserver, or how to limit your computer which will be talking to the computer running utserver. If the latter, you can't specify the web UI IP restriction list with an entry in the configuration file.

I still don't understand what you are asking for. webui doesn't listen to anything. It sends requests to a particular IP address and port, and then receives responses if there is a utserver at that address. It can obviously connect to any IP address that you type in, and if that is what you want to prevent then you will have to do it by configuring your browser, the host system, or the router.

Well let me give a diferent version of what im trying to say:

Make WEBUI LISTEN on 1 certain IP of many which my box has, not all of them.

Looks like the confusion is the term webui.

I think of the web UI as the set of HTML, Javascript, CSS, and image files that are served to a web browser by uTorrent server. I think of the HTTP interface as the allowed set of requests that can be handled by the TCP port on the computer running uTorrent server on which the server is listening for HTTP requests, including those requests made by the web UI running on a browser and those requests that would load the web UI into the browser. Seems like you would like the TCP port that implements the HTTP interface on the server to listen on your choice of only one of the IPs of the computer running the server.

I have no clue. Why don't you explain what you want to do (or not do!) instead of trying to tell us what you want listening to what using terms that are almost certainly different to what we expect.

Give us a concrete example of several machines running utserver programs and web browsers, then say what you would like to be allowed to run on each machine and what wouldn't be allowed. Which browsers would be able to display the webui interface for which utservers on which machines?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived