[Flags+Tabs+Status+Toolbar+Icon] PFlagstic

It all started that i wanted to make new flags.

Then the tab icons kind of sucked, too. :)

Status icons could be more pleasing.

Toolbar should match the rest.

... finally the icon had to be changed

Behold the result!

PFlagstic = Flags + Plastic (kind of looks like plastic)

9243536.png

Only thing i couldn't skin is the network icon (not shown)... :D

(Original screenshot missed the prefs icon. I just photoshoped it into the picture.)

Whole package:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=141812 (Last update: 2006-07-24)

(entries in the skin browser coming up... Done)

You could use only parts of it if you like, of course.

Some comments on the flags:

The flags are a work of progress. I won't make all flags immediately, but only the ones that i see in utorrent. Call it my quirk.

I ought to have almost all flags of all western and bigger countries, but it all depends on the torrents you chose. Missing flags look like an almost black flag with a red line over it. If you have a torrent where many unknown show up feel free to send me that torrent. If you find single missing flags, send me the peer name.

uoA1uHaj (at) web.de

The flags.conf maps non-US net/com/org-domains to the correct country flag. You need it if you want to use the new flags. You could also grab the conf from this thread http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=2070. It has more entries and doesn't map to the US flag. I do it to find new domains that has to be mapped.

The flags are free to be used with utorrent, but for everything else, contact me first.

Have fun.

Just right-click the peer and copy&paste it as text. Much easier.

I added both to the flags.conf. The flag wasn't missing, both are US, but i forgot to disable my fancy default flag for detecting unknown domains.

paket.zip was updated.

:thankyou: for the updated :-)

Just a question about the flag.

If I use the utorrent default flag system (peer.resolve_country is on and without flag.bmp and flag.conf), almost every peer will the flag displayed even the ip cannot be resolved.

But when I use the mugros's flag or eng's flag with peer.resolve_country off, no flag is displayed if ip cannot be resolved and sometime even ip can be resolved.

Is it normal ? Do you have a way to fix it ?

Thanks

PS. once again, mugros, I really like your flag. Good work.

Thanks

dAbReAkA:

i wanted to wait for his permission first, but then i got bored and started my own. And after that i couldn't stop :)

Another thing is that his approach is different. He only remaps com/net-domains that somebody recognize of not being US. I don't use the US flag for the 00 flag, look above. And so i see every com/net domain that hasn't been mapped. And i remap also US domains to the US flag.

There are also some mappings i would do different, but maybe we join the work someday.

laimanl:

i read in another thread that peer.resolve_country doesn't work with custom flag.bmps.

Archived