Pause Button

ninjay

Maybe? We did remove the pause button from the mac interface on purpose. The difference between pause and stop is subtle and not well understood by most users.

Can I ask, how do you use the pause feature? In what circumstances would you prefer to use pause rather than stop?

• 1 month later...

I didn't start this, but I would use the pause button when I'm on a Skype call. My upload speed is very slow, so in order for my partner to see my video clearly I have been exiting uTorrent entirely in order to get that upload speed back.

It would be nice to have a 'Pause All' button for this. Although, hell, it'd be nice to have some way for uTorrent to automatically pause downloads when Skype starts and resume when they finish. Don't know about the likelihood of that though.

• 1 year later...

hello, i was also wondergin about the pause button. i recently made the switch from transmission to uTorrent and was downloading some large files today. at a certain point i had to completely disconnect my cpu's from the wireless signal and restart my computers. i stopped 5 torrent i had running (3 were finished and 2 were still downloading) when i restarted the computers and utorrent the 3 that were finished restarted and continued uploading, however the 2 that were still working gave me an error "program error: missing files recheck"

now i download my files to my external HD which is connected to my router and my torrent computer is connected wirelessly so perhaps thats because the files are located remotely and not directly?

now i am going through the recheck process and its extremely slow.

any suggestions on how to make sure this doesnt happen again? i unfortunately live in an area with frequent powere outages and i would hate for files have to go therough the recheck process each time

thanks!

• 4 months later...

I'm missing the "pause" button.

I know that "stop" works pretty much the same, but what I liked about the "pause" button was that you could specify a period (I think it was 5, 10, or 15 minutes) that you wanted the transfer to be paused. That way I could temporarily pause the transfer while I was using bandwidth in other programs and be sure that the transfer started up again after some time.

For my use, it would be just as good if the "stop" button got similiar functionality.

-- CLp

• 3 months later...
Maybe? We did remove the pause button from the mac interface on purpose. The difference between pause and stop is subtle and not well understood by most users.

Can I ask, how do you use the pause feature? In what circumstances would you prefer to use pause rather than stop?

The PAUSE button allows to control downloads, for example, when downloading a file, you can use the PAUSE button to stop briefly and the continue without loosing the downloaded bits.

With the STOP button, once pressed, you lose all the downloaded portion and has to start again.

Archived