Unable to map UPnP port to (IP Address) : 49152

whoknows

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope. i read about norton & all other virus security.... and i tried disabling/uninstalling 'em all.....

windows firewall also...

so i really think the problem is my router....

i just got from the comp. shop, & i found a dlink router w/ one of its feature is the uPnP capable! so i think i'll try that.... as soon as i have the money, that is! :(

• 4 months later...

Guys i need help. I can only download at 20kB's and in uploading it's same. In the log it says: "Unable to map UPnP Port." but my icone status is green. I don't have router and my modem is a Motorola SB5100 but in the past I did downloads without any problem. Can anyone help me?

I have a yellow triangle on mine, I've manually added the port number in the firewall settings, but it's still not green. :(

these are my connection speeds.

4 megabits per second

Communications 4 megabits per second

Storage 487.6 kilobytes per second

1MB file download 2.1 seconds

Subjective rating Awesome

via http://www.bandwidthplace.com

Is there any other way to get this icon to turn green?

• 3 months later...

i m having the same problem..

my tracker status : host name not found...

and in log file its showing

unable to map Upnp prot.

how can i deal with these tings.....

do i need to change my ip address......i dont know what router i m conected with...i m using net with lan coneection of 45/kbps

help me out...pls

• 2 weeks later...

u dont need a better router and there is nothing stupid about a peice of technology, only humans. have u ever thought that maybe ur router like most others uses dynamic IPs (gives new ip addresses to network computers each time u reboot), what u need 2 do is set up a static IP address so that the port u have set up remains active no matter how many times u restart. you can go to portporward.com thn go to "static IP" n that will show you how 2 set up a static IP address.

• 3 months later...

i have got my utorrent running on a system with ISA server. I have forwarded all the ports using the required methods and when I run a diagnostic test in utorrent, it says that incoming connections can be accepted on port 49152, however i get the red dot and poor/non-existent upload speeds.

Any suggestions?

Hi I am using utorrent1.6.1 version in the vista platform. I am able to see the following messages while dowloading.

1. Download limited - message in the status bar.

2. able to see the red circle in the status bar.

3. when we place the pointer over the circle it say "Not connectable. A Firewall/Router limiting your network traffic. you need to open up a port so others can connect to you."

Is there any method available to find out what type of router I am using?.

Can any help me to solve this problem and increase the download speed?

• 2 weeks later...

Mine changes its mind at will; it always starts out yellow and often makes it to red. Just now it has been going for at least 30 minutes on red then suddenly came up with UPnP: Discovered new device: http://xxx.xxx.x.x:xxxx/......... I've got everything forwarded properly in my router, I think it's just one of the 'more awkward ones' When its red I don't get much over 80kb download, now on green it's close to 200kb down, its a Linksys WAG354G. I can live with 80kb down but 200 is much better. Any ideas why its so random? I presume my router, is there anything else I can change to get it to behave?

TIA

JD

Hi all,

I got the the same msg in utorrent recently and utorrent not able to work anymore. it stop at DHT waiting to logon.

I have the UPnP installed in winxp and have enable it in utorrent.

I am using an office network with static IP, and don't think is router problem because it was working fine previoursly.

I really have no idea of how to solve it, but also feel pity to remove all the unfinish download :(

Please help ! Thank you very much !

Archived