Saving Files to Network Drive

6Maverick6

Hello All :)

I have searched and searched this problem. Found a few ideas but none really helped this issue at all.

The Problem is I have uTorrent running on a virtual Machine (Win XP Pro SP3) within Hyper V. The Problem is if I tell uTorrent to save the downloads to a network drive Which is mapped to Z:\ on this machine. It will start than just stop and say "The Specified Network Name is no Longer Available" but yet if I open explorer I can browse to this mapped drive fine.

If i force Re-Check it looks to fix the issue but last another 5min to 45min than brings back the error.

This has worked Previously and was working fine but the HDD Died so i have rebuilt it and now having this problem.

Any Ideas\Have i missed anything.

Specs:

Ver: uTorrent 3.0 Build 25683

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
rafi yes its still an ishue in 3.4

ok 3 years latter i've found a actual work around for you to use today as i just put my downloads into a VM so that my VPN i use for it now only affects my torrents VM and not my whole internet connection.  You might ask why bother why not use your whole system in the VPN and their are 3 main reasons for this.

1 To allow Homegroup to maintain its connection while im downloading so video's can stream to the other devices in my home

2 speeds up internet browsing for doing my colledge assignments without having to turn off my downloads and disconect my VPN

3 stops the anoying curancy conversions that happen on all shoping sites when your in a VPN to a different country

ok so first you will need a couple things

1 a non network drive in the VM i made a second one as the leftover space of the vm os wasnt enough for my download needs.

i made my downloads drive 60 gigs and fully allocated it as a single file.

then create your folder structure  for downloading torrents and completed torrents have it move them when finished downloading into your completed downloads folder if you dont do this then dropit will move your downloads before they have a chance to finish downloading.

2 Dropit availuble here: http://www.dropitproject.com/

install this program

right click the icon it added floating in your VM chose options

down in processing is where you need to setup how it treats files/folders, ill list my setup but your needs may be different then mine but for torrent downloading this should meet your needs

in processing only check the top one "process folders and not scan them"  (this is so that if you download say a full tv series it moves the folder structure holding the files not just rips the files out and droping them in your compleated downloads)

uncheck any others

down in manage duplicates i set it to skip

(i may change this as i dont wana keep duplicate files if they happen just havnt set it up yet)

next we pick a folder to watch

switch to the monitoring tab and select your folder that Utorrent moves files to when compleated

click ok

right click the dropit icon again and chose associations 

you will need 2 most likely for torrenting

the first one is 

this one moves "ANY" file found in your monitored folder

rule: *

action: Move

Destination: (your network drive folder)

this one moves "ANY" folder found in your monitored folder

rule: **

action: Move

Destination: (your network drive folder)

ps

its worth noting that files in use cant be deleted so you need to setup your utorrent to stop seeding on compleation of download a link for thouse directions here for you

still trying to find a way to tell it to start seeding them again once they are moved so that they can seed more then just while they download (an automated way its easy enough to just readd the torrent and point it at the compleated folder so it finds it)

Archived