okay seriously, the fastest client is...

helloworld45

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your asking for a vs. with Azureus and µTorrent in THE µTorrent forum, hm...I wonder who's winning the battle? =P

Try doing this poll in the Azureus forum to see what happens. ;-)

-Karasuhebi

lol yeah ive thought of that, cept i could not find an adequate azu forum. The ones I've seen were full of whiny kids confused on port forwarding and such.

Voted for uTorrent as indeed it gave me the best performance for a certain torrent (aka, on low seeded torrents, i got decent speeds as much as possible from those seeds, and on very well seeded torrents, i got blazing speeds of over 100kB/s on a maximum 180kB/s connection, thats good enough for me).

But there are alot of factors beyond the client's control deciding on speed.

For me 3 things are impt.

1. Good speeds

2. Able to distribute bandwidth between uploads and downloads evenly or as specified

3. And if possible not hog my mem usage

1 and 2 more important. Only Azureus and Bittornado could satisfy 1 and 2. Bitcomet was pathetic at number 2. Bitspirit had too many functions, i like a simple and fast client. The rest of the clients were too slow or i just didnt fancy.

Till i met UTORRENT! Satisfied all 3 conditions. Woohoo!

i got much, much faster speeds in azureus...like not even close

for example, im running a torrent right now in utorrent with 347 seeds in the swarm, yet utorrent only connects to 17 of them...and thats the highest its been with this torrent running for hours now! i tried the torrent in azureus, and within 15 seconds it had already connected to 24.....why does utorrent hate seeds so much?

it makes me angry to look in the peer list and see poeple d/ling at like 175k/s and 248k/s and yet im getting like 30k/s tops! whats your guys' secrets? (btw, im running on a 3mbit connection with 128kbit down, have upload locked to 20kB/s, up conections at 4, port at 6881 and it is open....what more can i do!)

Yep, nice speed with uTorrent and Azureus, but uTorrent wins hands-down for low CPU, etc. :)

I first used Azureus, then BitComet. Until I installed NOD-32, Azureus worked very well. Seems to be a conflict with Az. & NOD. Anyway, I wanted to get away from BitComet because it is known as a leeching client. Glad I found uTorrent - Thanks again! :D

for example, im running a torrent right now in utorrent with 347 seeds in the swarm, yet utorrent only connects to 17 of them...and thats the highest its been with this torrent running for hours now! i tried the torrent in azureus, and within 15 seconds it had already connected to 24.....why does utorrent hate seeds so much?

it makes me angry to look in the peer list and see poeple d/ling at like 175k/s and 248k/s and yet im getting like 30k/s tops! whats your guys' secrets? (btw, im running on a 3mbit connection with 128kbit down, have upload locked to 20kB/s, up conections at 4, port at 6881 and it is open....what more can i do!)

hmmm... maybe change port. I've heard of ISPs limiting port 6881. Try 40000-45000

hmmm... maybe change port. I've heard of ISPs limiting port 6881. Try 40000-45000

thing is, ive been getting great speeds with azureus at port 6881...but ill give it a try

also, what is DHT? is the lack of it in utorrent what makes my speeds so slow?

yeah...this is sucking...getting 40k/s MAXIMUM on a torrent on utorrent...around 8-20k/s average....but when i put it into Azureus, Azureus starts sucking memory up and CPU cycles like crazy, making my CPU run at higher load than when i am playing AOE3 or BF2! bittorrent really has its ups and downs....

i really wish i could get good speeds in utorrent, i love how little memory and cpu it takes up....

I downloaded openoffice (74MB) using both clients from the same site. Azureus was faster (1Mbps max) than uTorrent (960k+ max). Since I got the file in under 2 minutes using each client, to me the speeds offset each other. It was equal, cuz the ETA was the same. (I used each one seperately, of course)

You need to put an option on the poll for "equal" or "same."

Especially looking at my results.........

But I did vote Azureus faster. Cuz technically, it was faster.

(that dont mean Im going back to that damn blue frog tho.......lol)

*Altho at one private site I got a 1.3GB file in 1hr 30 min using uTorrent. The fastest using the frog was 2hr 30 min-3hr 30min. (they have 1GB+ files on the reg and I been a member for almost a year using the frog)

openoffice I got from a plubic place.

Since when did the download speed depend on the client?

Some clients have a built in work around for the XP SP2 tcp issue. uTorrent might not. So some of u having speed issues may have to use the tcp patch. Especially when I see ppl saying "uTorremt doesnt connect to enuff seeders/peers but BitComet does". BitComet is one client I know of that has a tcp work around built in.

:( i dont get it, really now i might sound dumb but i switched from azureus and i get the same speeds. your downlaod speeds depend upon the seed in which gives you your bandwith. for ex:

bad seed with bad upload speed=bad download speed.

fast upload seed=fast download for u.

in my example i am inferring that u are connectable already.(port forwarding)

Archived