Computer crashes and goes to blue screen since upgrading to 3.1.3

sandymess

Happened to me also.

I've Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit and when I've been downloading with version 3.1.3, after a few minutes I got blue screen with netio.sys failure.

It repeated itself each time even after the restart for about 2 months.

Finally yesterday I've decided to downgrade to version 1.8.4 and it works like a charm since then.

I've only registered to this site to comment about my experience to help you fix this issue.

Thanks and good luck.

• 1 month later...

I had been having this same issue for years, but today, I figured out what it was. It was occurring on and off, but I could never figure out what was causing my computer to crash to the blue screen when using Utorrent (for me, my computer only ever crashed when using Utorrent to download). Today, I realized that when I was using Utorrent via my built in ethernet connection, my computer never crashed. However, when I disabled my built-in ethernet connection (wired adapter) and enabled my Wireless connection, that is when the crashing would start (and it was consistent). It didn't matter if I only downloaded one file at a time, or ten at a time, my computer would crash to the blue screen and it could happen at any time.

Now, I am able to download as many files simultaneously without any crashes. I dont know what the problem is with the wireless adapter, but that was causing 100% of my issues.

• 2 months later...

Try these steps it has worked for a few people

1.Open The Start Menu,type in CMD

2.Run CMD.exe as an administrator

3.Type the following line of text into CMD just as it appears here: netsh interface teredo set state disabled

4.Press Enter and wait for the work OK to show on CMD

5.Thats It! you're done,now see if it worked

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived