uTorrent Causing Bsod (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

bkdnmaster

Lately iv'e been getting alot of Bluescreens. They only happen when i'm on uTorrent after a while.

I searched on every forum and I can't find anything :/

I was using a usb wireless adapter but I wired up directly lan and it still crashes.

I analysed the crash dumps with WhoCrashed and here's the report:

On Tue 2012-09-04 15:30:30 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090412-31886-02.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800194BB2D)

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 2012-09-04 15:30:30 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl+0x1D)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800194BB2D)

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netio.sys

description: Network I/O Subsystem

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 2012-09-04 04:52:48 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090412-31106-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88001811B2D)

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 2012-09-04 04:12:57 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090412-31886-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88001811B2D)

Yea, I wasn't saying it was uTorrent fault or anything its just that it only happens when i'm downloading with it and... All my drivers are up to date so I'm really curious to know what causes that

Also this happens on my brand new comp from 2 days ago so I dont think hardware is responsible either.

Unsure if this helps, I did a google and found an article of someone who had the exact bugcheck code as you. One thing mentioned in it was Mcafee, so check you have fully uninstalled everything of Mcafee that was on your comp. It might pay to run msconfig and check nothing of it is in the start up section. I did find another article that said it could be a memory problem and to check it out with memtest. The link below is for the first one I mentioned.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/blue-screen-of-death-problem/908b9231-045c-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?msgId=404de0cc-b95f-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

It basically comes down to kernel mode software (drivers/firewalls/AV) or hardware issue. Memtest86+ is my tool of choice for RAM testing. WiFi/Ethernet drivers can usually be downloaded from both the PC OEM and directly from the chipset makers site (I can get my chipset drivers from Lenovo as well as Intel). Your crashes are fairly consistent, software is a good bet.

• 1 year later...
The short version is that internet security software or network adapter drivers are the cause of your issue.

uTorrent can't be the direct cause simply because it does not install kernel level drivers.

My Operating System : Windows 8 Single Language 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200)

I get the driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (netio.sys) BSOD whenever i run utorrent.

I don't use mcaffee or internet security...

If i try to work Utorrent 3.3.1. I get the driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (netio.sys) then shutdown my PC

What can you do? What is suggest?

Archived