Disk overloaded 100% with 29544

zyzko

I replaced my settings with yours but nothing happened. Thank you!

Sure (more or less...):

506a3d266600133.jpg

Just search for you current settings, rename and replace... (with the exe or @ %appdata%\utorrent)

You can always view it with BEencode...

• 3 weeks later...
It's such a major bug' date=' [/quote']

Then WHY am I not affected????

And I am running EXACTLY the same builds as you can.

I don't know why you are not affected, maybe you have a really expensive and fast harddrive.

Having said that, this is a major bug...

I have tested a large torrent on 2 laptops with exactly the same hardware and disktypes running the torrents at the exact same moment, and 1 says disk overload after it reaches 2MB and the other downloads with 110Mbps without problems.

Settings are also the same, default settings.

And i am not a novice, i know many tricks to work around most issues, but disk overload remains a big problem...

I think this will eventually cost users...

maybe you have a really expensive and fast harddrive.

Not even close, it is a six year old Maxtor SATA I drive that uTorrent writes to, and seeding is done from Buffalo and Seagate USB 2.0 drives connected via a eight port hub.

but disk overload remains a big problem...
Only for the ones who don't understand what will/can cause it and can not/will not adjust the necessary settings to compensate.

• 5 months later...

Still happening as of 30544. Shows disk overloaded 100%, which remains after all disk access has stopped. Downloads don't transfer. Quitting closes window but task never ends, needs to be forcibly terminated. Whether this is a result of a "true" disk-overload condition or not, it is definitely a bug.

Sometimes the other problems happen without the overload indication. It may be that whatever is the cause of the bug means the program basically grinds to a halt, and the disk overloaded is just one symptom, rather than the cause.

Archived