uTorrent remote HELP!

Arkhaine

Please someone help me out here. I'm trying to get uTorrent remote to work, but it just won't happen. I have created a computer name and password, but when I press apply it just sits there and says "Connecting... " forever. I have the "add windows firewall exception" checked and I have Verizon Fios for an ISP. If I have to change ports or settings in my Verizon and router can someone help me do so?

Thanks in advance.

In my case following was set to true in über advanced preferences. :P

webui.raptor_secure=false

webui.talon_secure=false

I changed it myself before, more secure, why not.

I tried with a new portable µTorrent and it worked, so I knew it was some setting in my main setup.

Tried to even change the port to 443, as that's SSL, but didn't worked so I changed it back.

Might help others.

I'm going to be pedantic here.

port 443 is not SSL - It is the default listening port for Secure HTTP (HTTPS) So changing the listen port to 443 would have no effect unless you were installing a SSL certificate on a web server running on your machine.

A SSL certificate can also be used for secure communication to POP3 (995), SMTP (465), IMAP (993/585)

Yes, but I changed the ports for µTorrent Remote, but it wouldn't connect then either.

As the standard port is 80 and if there's a secure it's usually 443, that's why I tried that. It can be any port, though. :)

I tried to find any info about that setting but nothing found.

As the standard port is 80 and if there's a secure it's usually 443,

Yes but they are LISTENING ports, so are for incoming requests to a web server.

Yes, that what I thought it did, connect to some web server.

This is what I changed to 443:

webui.raptor_port=80

webui.talon_port=80

I would guess it's for https://remote.utorrent.com/ as this is set:

webui.raptor_host=raptor.utorrent.com

webui.talon_host=remote.utorrent.com

Anyway, it works without secure, from the client. Seems to be secure from the site.

Archived