Errors when trying to download

barbiknowsall

I have Windows 7 Home Premium. Whenever I try to download on all the downloads, I get this error message

The Filename, Directory Name, or Volume Label Syntax Is Incorrect

I I can't get the downloads to go to the folder I made in a new partition, and I can't figure it out. Should I be putting them somewhere else?

I am very confused.

Any help is greatly appreciated....:)

Thanks in advance...

Actually now, I can't get the downloads to go to my default downloader... It keeps saying that same previous message... Any info. that isn't from a "Know It All" when he isn't, would be greatly appreciated...

OK, I got the shot, but not the way you described....

Now I just can't figure out how to get it in this message.... I am quite frustrated... Sorry

OK. I am (not computer illiterate), but I need to make a screenshot of uTorrent showing te errors.

It doesn't work, so then I am stuck to just tell you the error and that it is when I am downloading a game from uTorrent. the error is

Error: The filname, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I basically have tried everything I can think of or have found as an answer, but nothng has worked. Any information that could help me resolve this issue would be really appreciated...

Thank you in advance.

You know what? I don't understand anything that you are trying to tell me.... I am not ignorant and I know you are trying to get me to find my answers myself. However, I have been trying to figure this one out for over a week now, and everybody has different answers. Please humor me and give some real input to this question... Please?

I am not ignorant
But in this instance you are, because you do not as yet possess the knowledge of how to accomplish this task
I know you are trying to get me to find my answers myself

Yes, the very essence of learning.

I have been trying to figure this one out for over a week now, and everybody has different answers.

Did you read the document at the other end of the link indicated?

Did you click on the button that is circled

AND it IS explained one post above the one with the image in.

Let's put all our personal differences aside here...It seems that the defensive mechanism kicks in and the helpful answers gets put on the back-burner!

Different levels of intelligence is supposed to be a good thing....So those who think they're better than the others must step back and take a long good look in the mirror...Nothing to prove here so move on already!

Too much nonsense on here lately!

The dominos are falling in the wrong direction and it's spreading like wildfire...:D

Different levels of intelligence is supposed to be a good thing....So those who think they're better than the others must step back and take a long good look in the mirror...Nothing to prove here so move on already!

Too much nonsense on here lately!

I don't consider myself to be "better" but I do not go along the route of "spoonfeeding" answers to anyone. Things are best learned and remembered if a bit of effort was put into the process of discovering or aquiring that knowledge.

You are pretty knowledgable about torrenting in general and the uTorrent client, did you get there by having people 'hand feed' you with the information, or did you take cues and clues from snippets of information and dig deeper?

And yes different levels of knowledge and experience IS a good thing, there are times when a "newbie" question can send one on a trail of discovery simly because it triggers a "Now why does that happen"?

But it gets unbelivably frustrating to explain something time and time again when the answer may only be a mouse click or a page scroll away.

[edit] Typo corrected[/edit]

So add some help links in your sig or on your virtual forehead..;)....Some people (depending on their mental state, age, etc.) tend to use what's in front of them and not bother to research in depth...Dealing with people on a daily basis can and will be repetitive at times. It's just the nature of the beast as you well know!

Archived