Connecting to Peers

flashx80

When I first downloaded the torrent file, everything was fine. I tried to mess around the Connection, Bandwidth, Queueing, and Advanced to speed up the downloading and it ended up with Connecting to Peers. Then at the middle of the night after I took a short nap, the torrent file was able to download. I waited for about 15 minutes to see if it still download, then I shut down my computer and hoping that it will work the next morning. The following morning I opened the uTorrent and it showed Check (#), then about couple minutes later Connecting to Peers. How do I fix this problem?

You can't! If peers are not there or do not connect, you cannot make them, all you can do is have your client running when peers or seeds are online and connectable, and if that takes a week, a month or a year that's just the way it is.

Even if I changed Connection, Bandwidth, Queueing, and Advanced it has nothing to do with Connecting to Peers? But whether it is up to the peers to send me the pieces that allows me to download? What if download a different torrent file? Would that allow me to download? Is it only me or does it happen to anyone who is using the torrent file?

Let me get this straight. In order to connect to peers, you must have someone from the other side who is also downloading the same torrent file in order to download it? If no one downloading the file, then I can't download it myself?

Let me get this straight. In order to connect to peers, you must have someone from the other side who is also downloading the same torrent file in order to download it?
No
If no one downloading the file, then I can't download it myself?
No but SOMEBODY MUST be online with the pieces you need.

BitTorrent is called "Peer to Peer" because there is NO central server with the torrents, there are only peers that may or may not have the complete torrent.

Read the "Dummies Guide to BitTorrent" so you have a bit more of a clue to how it works.

Archived