Any way to replace incomplete torrent files with complete ones?

Mechwarrior5

So about a month ago I started downloading a torrent with no seeders and just hoped one would come on. About a week later I started downloading 3 different torrents with the same files that each have the same issues. Anyway a seeder popped up on one of them and finished one of the torrents yesterday, and I'd like to seed to the other 3 torrents.

Whenever I try to replace the files with the finished ones uTorrent will just remember the progress it had and assume that it still needs to download the files. Is there any way to force uTorrent to assume the files are finished?

The files are identical with the only differences being what text files come with the torrents, but those really don't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I try to replace the files with the finished ones uTorrent will just remember the progress it had and assume that it still needs to download the files. Is there any way to force uTorrent to assume the files are finished?

The files are identical with the only differences being what text files come with the torrents, but those really don't matter.

You can, just force recheck. Make sure filename and path is identical, relocate if needed. But that torrent with text file, if the text files wasnt downloaded, maybe not 100% finished after recheck because of missing pieces.

You can, just force recheck. Make sure filename and path is identical, relocate if needed. But that torrent with text file, if the text files wasnt downloaded, maybe not 100% finished after recheck because of missing pieces.

Wrong! the files have to be EXACT BINARY duplicates not just file name and path.

You can' date=' just force recheck. Make sure filename and path is identical, relocate if needed. But that torrent with text file, if the text files wasnt downloaded, maybe not 100% finished after recheck because of missing pieces.[/quote']

Wrong! the files have to be EXACT BINARY duplicates not just file name and path.

He said the files identical, I assume they are exact binary duplicate.

The file name and path are for force recheck,

wrong file name or wrong path or wrong binary dup result in 0 %,

right file name and right path and right binary dup result in 100% (99% if there are other files)

The files are exact duplicates but from different torrents.

If the re-check doesn't declare them complete' date=' this statement is false.[/quote']

They're the exact same size for the exact same software.

Last move

Relocate file in unfinished torrent -> browse and select said finished files -> save -> then force recheck that unfinished torrent

If this not work then the files are not identical even if you say it is

My tips, force recheck the finished torrent too see if there are changes after recheck. Change to 99% usually cause by smaller file size in unfinished torrent.

putting ketchup on ice cream isn't that great an idea

Although it's not the norm, it is however delightful on top of certain flavors of ice cream!...Each palete may have subtle differences and reactions to the flavors. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Do a blind taste test on strange tasting combos and see what you come up with.

Although it's not the norm, it is however delightful on top of certain flavors of ice cream!...Each palete may have subtle differences and reactions to the flavors. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Very true, though somehow I can't imagine Mint Choc Chip and Ketchup being too palatable. :)

• 6 months later...

Ok, with all that is said here it is not possible. Is there a way to add this feature to the software?? I too would like to help others out with a torrent that is no longer working and no-one is seeding. I have all the files and would like to add them so others can download them. ?? Feature add??

Archived