Not able to start download but getting errors

hohohk

I can see the images properly' date=' i believe it should be your utorrent forum account settings have not enable "Show images in post". For the files, I copied the file names here.

[/quote']

My settings are fine. The links are not direct links to the images, they don't end with e.g. .jpg/.png and the links goes to a page showing the images in the middle. They're technically impossible to be displayed embedded with [ img ] tags. But that's irrelevant. :)

Ok. Can you tell me following, exactly (not that you have tried and it didn't work or anything else, but point-blank):

- Path where the .torrent is located, full path, incl. filename.

- Full path(s) incl. folder name of the contents it's trying to download (if folder doesn't exist yet or don't have any files created then the folder it's set to download to, will be sufficient).

- The permissions you have for said download-folder.

- Which username is running utorrent.exe, should say in Task Manager (and also tell me if that user is an admin or not).

Thanks.

Here you are

- Path where the .torrent is located, full path, incl. filename.

D:\Downloads\Torrents\[www.Cpasbien.com] Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record [CdRip - MP3 - 320kbps].2.torrent

- Full path(s) incl. folder name of the contents it's trying to download (if folder doesn't exist yet or don't have any files created then the folder it's set to download to, will be sufficient).

D:\Downloads\[www.Cpasbien.com] Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record [CdRip - MP3 - 320kbps]

- The permissions you have for said download-folder.

Everyone full control

Even I add my existing username and make it to full control will still get this problem

- Which username is running utorrent.exe, should say in Task Manager (and also tell me if that user is an admin or not).

username: user (Administrator)

running utorrent: user

If I uncheck the option "Pre-allocate all files" under "When downloading" inside the preference, this issue will disappear but I will lose the function to pre-allocate disk space before downloading to eliminate lack of space problem. Of course this is not major problem to me, but if I can use it will be the best. Hope the information provided can helps.

Thanks.

I don't use the Pre-allocate all files option, as it's already in use, per the manual:

"Note that this option does not have an impact on hard drive fragmentation (advantageous or otherwise), as µTorrent already allocates each file upon writing to disk even without this option"

Is it any difference if you rename it before you download, maybe try a simple name without spaces and non-alpha characters?

as it's already in us

Noy quite. It does pre-allocate each file (in a multi files torrent ) but only on the first write to it. If you select this option, it pre-allocate all files when you start the torrent, and *before* any write operation.

You can easily try and see it. Maybe the help file should be fixed...

Archived