Not able to start download but getting errors

hohohk

Anyone encounter below problem?? It starts from 3.1.3 but not fixed yet.

If utorrent already started since windows startup, there will be no issue.

However, if utorrent is triggered by a torrent file it will show:

Status: Error: The system cannot find the file specified. (Preallocate)

Issue will fix after manually stop and start the download again.

Issue will not happen on second torrent file but only the first one.

Also, want to say can take away the download program in the background when installing?

Thanks for helping, hope the above issue can be fixed soon.

3.1.3 is not current and is NOT supported.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=131566

AND

--2013-04-09: Version 3.4 (build 29513)

- Fix: Issue running previous versions after running 3.4

- Fix: Crash requesting new pieces from HTTP peers

- Fix: Skipped file allocation

- Fix: Failure downloading torrents with directory names ending in "..."

- Fix: Crash enabling and disabling coalesce setting

- Fix: Fixed/improved peer choaking/unchoking.

From http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=126630

3.1.3 is not current and is NOT supported.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=131566

AND

--2013-04-09: Version 3.4 (build 29513)

- Fix: Issue running previous versions after running 3.4

- Fix: Crash requesting new pieces from HTTP peers

- Fix: Skipped file allocation

- Fix: Failure downloading torrents with directory names ending in "..."

- Fix: Crash enabling and disabling coalesce setting

- Fix: Fixed/improved peer choaking/unchoking.

From http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=126630

I prefer to use non-alpha version, both configurations are the same

3.2.3 with win7 got no issue, checked updates no updates

3.3.1 downloaded from utorrent with winxp got issue

may be i try to copy my 3.2.3 to winxp to get this issue solved

anyway thanks

You're on your own if you're not going to use current versions.

Keep updated to latest version is not my requirement, if the existing version is fine and I don't encounter any bugs I will be fine to stay with it. Unless new features interested me, otherwise no need to upgrade manually. If I got to update all the programs in my computers will take lots of time. No prompts are fine, prompts per quarter perfect, per month all right, per week anger just like flash player did before... I don't find the points to use flash player, just for ads? games? youtube? useless for me and annoying.

No, but it's our requirement if you want help.

Updated to 3.3.2 Beta build 29976

problem persist... issue only happens since 3.3.1

this is the reason why i dont want to upgrade but forgot to uncheck automatically updates :(

torrent download with file name ending with .rmvb not ..

anyone can assist me and any settings i need to provide? tks

Not sure, but it said folders named in .., not files.

Linking directly to a torrent might not be allowed, but it you write the info hash, or just the name of it.

My download is directly a file without folder, and my download path has set to D:\Downloads

So I dont know what is the exact problem, again the issue happens since 3.3.1 only, wt has been changed?

It's more that the name of the torrent contain those characters, or it can be any other illegal, like * / \ | < > that you can't name files and folders in Windows.

That name will be the folder-name it will create, you can always check its name before in the Add-dialog.

Happened sometimes for me, so just rename the location and it will work.

It's more that the name of the torrent contain those characters, or it can be any other illegal, like * / \ | < > that you can't name files and folders in Windows.

That name will be the folder-name it will create, you can always check its name before in the Add-dialog.

Happened sometimes for me, so just rename the location and it will work.

I have been using this settings for a long time since 3.0 but only have problem since 3.3

Once I have downloaded the torrent and open it, utorrent will start the job immediately.

pre-allocating and start the torrent downloads. i repeat again the issue only happens in follow situation

1st torrent download (utorrent is not running in background)

will show Status: Error: The system cannot find the file specified. (Preallocate)

but 2nd download after this will not happens or if utorrent has already opened will be no issues

Issue solved by stopping the 1st torrent download manually and start it again, any ideas pls :(

If you select one with the issue and right click > Advanced > Set Destination Name....

What does it say?

Also, would it be possible to record a video of the issue?

Might be easier to see where the problem is.

i just tried again with 3.3.2 beta build 29976, observed no issue but i am not sure whether this happens only on particular download names or not all. if i found it happens again will come back.

if i found it happens again will come back.

Nooooo...

Sorry I need to come back' date=' I face the same issue again.

I captured some print screen for more details. I don't see this issue before upgrading to 3.3

[img']http://s24.postimg.org/brzcxoyhf/image.jpg

Open torrent file "[Exclusive] Markus Schulz - Live at Planet Love Ireland 2007 in the Mix [h33t].torrent"

image.jpg

You can see the Error message

"Error: The system cannot find the file specified. (Preallocate)"

Just press "Start" button, it will able to start normally.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The images aren't linked as images, just regular links, need to open them in a new tab or similar.

The folder seems ok.

What are the filenames if you look under Files-tab?

I can see the images properly, i believe it should be your utorrent forum account settings have not enable "Show images in post". For the files, I copied the file names here.

Path Size Done % # Pieces Pieces Priority Rate Resolution Duration Streamable Has header Codecs

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 01 - New York Mining Disaster 1941.mp3 5.05 MB 0 B 0.0 % 162 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 02 - To Love Somebody.mp3 6.95 MB 0 B 0.0 % 224 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 03 - Holiday.mp3 6.69 MB 0 B 0.0 % 215 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 04 - Massachusetts.mp3 5.56 MB 0 B 0.0 % 180 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 05 - World.mp3 7.49 MB 0 B 0.0 % 240 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 06 - Words.mp3 7.51 MB 0 B 0.0 % 242 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 07 - Jumbo.mp3 4.96 MB 0 B 0.0 % 160 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 08 - I've Gotta Get A Message To You.mp3 6.58 MB 0 B 0.0 % 212 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 09 - I Started A Joke.mp3 7.24 MB 0 B 0.0 % 233 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 10 - First Of May.mp3 6.48 MB 0 B 0.0 % 208 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 11 - Saved By The Bell.mp3 7.17 MB 0 B 0.0 % 231 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 12 - Don't Forget To Remember.mp3 8.00 MB 0 B 0.0 % 257 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 13 - Lonely Days.mp3 8.71 MB 0 B 0.0 % 280 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 14 - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart.mp3 9.10 MB 0 B 0.0 % 292 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 15 - My World.mp3 10.0 MB 0 B 0.0 % 323 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 16 - Run To Me.mp3 7.39 MB 0 B 0.0 % 237 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 17 - Jive Talkin'.mp3 8.65 MB 0 B 0.0 % 278 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 18 - Nights On Broadway.mp3 10.5 MB 0 B 0.0 % 338 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 19 - Fanny (Be Tender With My Love).mp3 9.33 MB 0 B 0.0 % 300 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 20 - Love So Right.mp3 8.30 MB 0 B 0.0 % 267 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 21 - If I Can't Have You.mp3 7.71 MB 0 B 0.0 % 248 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 22 - Love Me.mp3 9.30 MB 0 B 0.0 % 299 normal (8) Yes No

CD1\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits; The Record - Disc 1 - 23 - You Should Be Dancing.mp3 9.76 MB 0 B 0.0 % 313 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 01 - Stayin' Alive.mp3 10.9 MB 0 B 0.0 % 352 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 02 - How Deep Is Your Love.mp3 9.27 MB 0 B 0.0 % 298 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 03 - Night Fever.mp3 8.06 MB 0 B 0.0 % 259 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 04 - More Than A Woman.mp3 7.55 MB 0 B 0.0 % 243 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 05 - Emotion.mp3 8.45 MB 0 B 0.0 % 271 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 06 - Too Much Heaven.mp3 11.3 MB 0 B 0.0 % 365 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 07 - Tragedy.mp3 11.5 MB 0 B 0.0 % 371 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 08 - Love You Inside Out.mp3 9.59 MB 0 B 0.0 % 308 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 09 - Guilty.mp3 10.0 MB 0 B 0.0 % 324 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 10 - Heartbreaker.mp3 10.1 MB 0 B 0.0 % 326 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 11 - Islands In The Stream.mp3 10.0 MB 0 B 0.0 % 322 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 12 - You Win Again.mp3 9.29 MB 0 B 0.0 % 298 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 13 - One.mp3 11.3 MB 0 B 0.0 % 364 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 14 - Secret Love.mp3 8.23 MB 0 B 0.0 % 264 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 15 - For Whom The Bell Tolls.mp3 9.11 MB 0 B 0.0 % 293 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 16 - Alone.mp3 10.0 MB 0 B 0.0 % 322 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 17 - Immortality.mp3 9.74 MB 0 B 0.0 % 312 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 18 - This Is Where I Came In.mp3 9.16 MB 0 B 0.0 % 295 normal (8) Yes No

CD2\Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record (CD2) - 19 - Spicks & Specks.mp3 6.54 MB 0 B 0.0 % 210 normal (8) Yes No

Cover1.jpg 105 kB 0 B 0.0 % 4 normal (8) No

Cover2.jpg 133 kB 0 B 0.0 % 6 normal (8) No

I do observe some issue when upgrading to 3.3.2 Beta, I will get the same problem as mentioned here "http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=138950"

If you open a torrent and call utorrent out will get this problem. But if you open a torrent when utorrent is already started and ready to download. That message will not comes out. Some changes on 3.3.x got many problems out, which makes me cant come here to report it.

This is similar to the problem I mentioned, if I start the torrent which utorrent has not started yet, I will get this problem. What has been done since 3.3.x ? I can see there are many problems.

The images aren't linked as images' date=' just regular links, need to open them in a new tab or similar.

The folder seems ok.

What are the filenames if you look under Files-tab?[/quote']

I can see the images properly, i believe it should be your utorrent forum account settings have not enable "Show images in post". For the files, I copied the file names here.

My settings are fine. The links are not direct links to the images, they don't end with e.g. .jpg/.png and the links goes to a page showing the images in the middle. They're technically impossible to be displayed embedded with [ img ] tags. But that's irrelevant. :)

Ok. Can you tell me following, exactly (not that you have tried and it didn't work or anything else, but point-blank):

- Path where the .torrent is located, full path, incl. filename.

- Full path(s) incl. folder name of the contents it's trying to download (if folder doesn't exist yet or don't have any files created then the folder it's set to download to, will be sufficient).

- The permissions you have for said download-folder.

- Which username is running utorrent.exe, should say in Task Manager (and also tell me if that user is an admin or not).

Thanks.

The images aren't linked as images' date=' just regular links, need to open them in a new tab or similar.

The folder seems ok.

What are the filenames if you look under Files-tab?[/quote']

My settings are fine. The links are not direct links to the images, they don't end with e.g. .jpg/.png and the links goes to a page showing the images in the middle. They're technically impossible to be displayed embedded with [ img ] tags. But that's irrelevant. :)

Ok. Can you tell me following, exactly (not that you have tried and it didn't work or anything else, but point-blank):

- Full path(s) incl. folder name of the contents it's trying to download (if folder doesn't exist yet or don't have any files created then the folder it's set to download to, will be sufficient).

- Which username is running utorrent.exe, should say in Task Manager (and also tell me if that user is an admin or not).

Thanks.

Here you are

D:\Downloads\Torrents\[www.Cpasbien.com] Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record [CdRip - MP3 - 320kbps].2.torrent

D:\Downloads\[www.Cpasbien.com] Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record [CdRip - MP3 - 320kbps]

Everyone full control

Even I add my existing username and make it to full control will still get this problem

username: user (Administrator)

running utorrent: user

If I uncheck the option "Pre-allocate all files" under "When downloading" inside the preference, this issue will disappear but I will lose the function to pre-allocate disk space before downloading to eliminate lack of space problem. Of course this is not major problem to me, but if I can use it will be the best. Hope the information provided can helps.

Archived