Updated to 3.3.1 and now stuck at Connecting to Peers

BloodshotHippy

I am running 3.3.1 and ever since the update it wont connect to peers. I have changed NOTHING with my system since then. No changes to firewall or anything. I have been searching the forums for the last 2 days and cant get any information that fixes my problem. These torrents were downloading at my max speed of 2 MB/s right before the update with zero issues. My firewall is the standard windows firewall for Windows 7. The exceptions are in it for utorrent including the ones where the exe is in %APPDATA%. My virus scanner is Microsoft Security Essentials and nothing with it has been changed for several weeks at least. My issue is the same as this other user and many other people as well http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=140066#p745782 . I do not use a router. I use the wifi hotspot on my Droid Razr Maxx. The settings on the phone are set up correct and I can still use my laptop and the older version of utorrent on said laptop. The new version is on my desktop. There havent been any windows update or any other update for any of the software on my computer for at least a week before the issue sprang up. All the preference's in utorrent are the exact same as before. It shows 5 peers on each of the 6 torrents i have in my list right now, with none of them connected. The seeds are sitting at zero, where before the update they were sitting in the thousands each. I believe one of the peers is me, since occasionally my computer name comes up in the peer list of the torrents. I get the DHT: Waiting to Login in the center bottom of the uttorent screen, as well as the No Incoming Connections on the bottom right with the yellow icon. Both the upload and download rates that show in the status bar at the bottom show between .01 and .99 kb/s going continously even though nothing is going and its not sending its 1 kb packets to request new chunks of the torrent from peer's. Not sure what its doing there. The trackers show they are timed out and DHT is waiting for announce... in the tracker list as well.

I tried to add all the information that would help. If I missed anything that could help, just let me know.

Its Utorrent 3.3.1 (build 30003) [32-bit]

I have the standard windows firewall. I tried turning it off completey, didnt work. I added the new path as an exception into the firewall, didnt work. I gave utorrent unbridled access through the firewall, didnt work. Not sure what to try next.

Edit: I just went through and deleted every mention of utorrent in the firewall. I then opened utorrent and got the pop up to either allow or deny. I allowed it and set it to public and private access. Still nothing.

I also manually updated to uTorrent 3.3.1 (build 30017) [32-bit] and it still isnt working. I couldnt auto update within utorrent for obvious reasons.

Im tethering through my phone. Verizon isnt blocking it, my older version of utorrent on my laptop works just fine while tethered. So there isnt a router. I decided to uninstall the build i mentioned and installed an older version. It all works perfectly fine on the older version with the exact same torrents and all. The only thing i can conclude is that it is a problem with the current build. It's the only thing that isnt working and utorrent only stopped working when the up to date build was installed.

There is nothing wrong with my security software. Everything else works flawlessly. Nothing was wrong with utorrent before the update and it was going at over 2 MB/s. Nothing is wrong with the build i am using now. It's running just fine. Your logic is flawed. How about offer advise? Maybe perhaps what you think is wrong with my security software. It seems all you can do is say the exact same thing on every thread rather then actually offer up some sound advice. I detailed exactly what is going on and you offer "Your conclusion is flawed. Fix your internet security software." That is completely unhelpful. I would rather you didnt waste my time with crap like that.

Archived