how to make utorrent not write down extra files?

micwft1572022

@OP: It should definitely not create files that you chose to skip. It should use partfiles to store those cross-file pieces instead. (Unless you set diskio.use_partfile to false.) Are you using the latest uTorrent build? There was a bug in some previous versions that made it create files that you marked not to download.

@OP: It should definitely not create files that you chose to skip. It should use partfiles to store those cross-file pieces instead. (Unless you set diskio.use_partfile to false.) Are you using the latest uTorrent build? There was a bug in some previous versions that made it create files that you marked not to download.

v3.3.1 30017

diskio.use_partfile was false, now true

DreadWingKnight, alrik either way it created extra files. Possible. It did so ealier.

So no answer yet.

v3.3.1 30017

diskio.use_partfile was false' date=' now true[/quote']

OK, so the partfile setting was probably the cause. Now you need to remove the torrent from the program, delete the extra files, then readd it while marking only the files you do want. It will scan your existing files and you should be good to go.

@ciaobaby: yes, there was a bug that created some excluded files. I reported it and it was fixed.

yes, there was a bug that created some excluded files

If you do NOT have use_partfile set as true AND you skip files AND the skipped files contain pieces of (an)other file or files, the 'skipped' files WILL appear to have been 'downloaded because the pieces HAVE to be downloaded to complete the files that ARE required.

Alright, I got it: If I force torrent-client not to create those extra files then it won't be a full part and a person wanting to download those files that I have will not be able to download them because I won't have all the parts - I won't have the part from which I deleted partfile/incomplete file, or he will download part of the file and won't be able to check if it downloaded correctly and If I keep the partfile or incomplete files then he will be able.

Ok, then I'll leave them where they are though I'd rather not see them in my folder. Invisibility options for extensions or something file mask or something.

Archived