Computer can't wake from sleep when utorrent is running

or150

Hi, I am using uTorrent 3.3.1 on windows 7 x64.

For some reason, if i put my computer into s3 sleep when uTorrent is running, it won't wake from sleep and instead, shuts itself down. The next time i turn on the computer, it would try to resume as if it is waking from hibernation, and of course,it won't succeed.

The problem has started after formatting the computer and installing a newer version of uTorrent.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
but this shouldn't be the solution

Why not? BitTorrent relies on connections with other peers and the machine going to 'sleep' doesn't give any BitTorrent client chance to close those connections cleanly, so it is going to 'wake up' and try to re-establish communications with peers that are in all probability, no longer there.

Why not? BitTorrent relies on connections with other peers and the machine going to 'sleep' doesn't give any BitTorrent client chance to close those connections cleanly, so it is going to 'wake up' and try to re-establish communications with peers that are in all probability, no longer there.

The computer isn't 'waking up' after entering into sleep.

What happens is that the computer does get into sleep, but never wakes up from that sleep. The RAM is wiped clean.

Then when booting again windows tries to load everything into the ram from the HDD but there is no memory dump in there at all so nothing happens.

The computer isn't 'waking up' after entering into sleep.

So why is that a uTorrent 'problem' then???

If anything, it is the "power plan" settings on the computer that are incorrect or excessive, how could it be expected for ANY application to "wake up" correctly if the machine is failing to save and subsequently restore 'state' correctly????

• 3 weeks later...

It's uTorrent's problem when the only program that causes this beaviour is uTorrent.

I can run a lot of different programs that do a lot of different things and utilizes many types of resources and sucessfully restore from S3 Sleep mode, but when uTorrent is running the problem appears.

Don't blame the machine when the software is ruined, and don't attack me when you answer.

Archived