Two tiny bugs...

- When I click on a torrent, the statistics on the lower half show up fine and all, but when I deselect any torrent, the information for the torrent stays on the General tab. On any other tab, information is correctly cleared. Maybe you can make it so that the General tab is cleared as well?

- I selected the "Close to system tray" option, and it works fine, but when I close the window using the "X" at the corner of the window, the memory usage doesn't decrease like when I minimize the window using the "Minimize" button. Can you make it so that the behavior for the close button is the same as the behavior for the minimize button when the "Close to system tray" is selected?

- Not really a bug, but... when I click "Exit" from the taskbar icon (and have the confirm exit option enabled), the dialog pops up like it should. Thing is, when I click "Exit" again from the taskbar, another instance of the dialog pops up. Can you have it so that only one dialog is able to pop up at a time, even when "Exit" is clicked multiple times?

• 2 weeks later...

Hm... regarding that memory usage thingy I mentioned before...

When I double-click the taskbar icon, it hides utorrent properly. Thing is (you probably guessed it by now), memory usage doesn't decrease in this situation as with the "Close to system tray" thing. Nothing major though, just wanted to point it out =]

Excellent work on 1.1.3 by the way. It seems like all the speed problems I had with utorrent have finally disappeared!

How about when none of the tray options are selected? Then I don't think there should be an icon in the tray 'cause it's not needed...

What do you say?

If none of the tray icons are selected, then the point of this thread is moot. Alas, the option is there, and probably won't be going away. Why isn't the tray icon feature needed? Some (I'm sure I can safely say a lot) of people use this feature, and I'm only trying to point out the little bugs in it.

How about when none of the tray options are selected? Then I don't think there should be an icon in the tray 'cause it's not needed...

What do you say?

i think you are right... if the option to minimize(/close) to systemtray isnt selected, why does it show up there?!? of course there isnt anywhere said that when those are unticked it doesnt show up there but shouldnt there be option for not showing it there too...

:shock:

My mistake! I misinterpreted what Zebra said! I thought (s)he said that the tray options are "not needed" at all. I didn't realize (s)he was saying that it's unneeded when all the options are disabled... well in that case, I agree with Zebra =]

*NOTE TO SELF* Read more carefully next time... :oops:

• 4 months later...

My apologies for bumping this ultra super duper crazy old thread, but I was playing with the tray icon with Process Explorer open, and noticed that the niggle that I mentioned up above wasn't "fixed" (not that it was a real problem).

Closing with the X, minimizing to tray, closing by double-clicking the top-left icon, pressing Esc -- you name it -- they all reduce RAM usage, just not when you use the tray icon to hide. I just find the above behavior I mentioned to be a little inconsistent with the rest of the "close to tray" methods...

Edit: Wow reading this thread over, I didn't realize I was around since the middle of September (I was the starter of this thread)... I'd always thought I started using µTorrent at the very beginning of October...

Archived