Problems with Magnet Links and Seeding

ellie5292

Hi Guys

I am having trouble, i got a new laptop and downloaded utorrent version 3.2.2 build 28500.

When i try downloading a torrent using a magnet link on public sites such as pirates bay, the magnet link will not register or download. I can however copy the link and paste it into utorrent and it will download, I have tried to press associate with torrent files in preferences but it is greyed out and i can not press it.

The other problem i am having is that torrents are not seeding/uploading, I have triple checked the torrents and they have leechers so i do not seem to know what the problem is.

I have tried researching both problems and have changed my settings but nothing seems to work.

Help Anyone?

Thanks

Ellie

if i remember correctly magnets stop working with chrome a long time ago but you can find a fix for it on youtube. i remember i did it a longtime ago and they have been working since the only problem is that they make take a few seconds to appear in the utorrent download confirm window. if im not mistaken it was some type of registry change maybe, but not totally sure, all i remember was that it was easy to find and fix!

to ellie5292

you aren't alone on this issue

it does seem to be a chrome centric issue as it happens even with the latest utorrent client

the best solution i can think of is to uninstall both chrome and utorrent and then just reinstall utorrent so that it can configure itself correctly.

after that you should be good just try to resist installing chrome.

use Internet explorer or an equivilent browser just not chrome

Archived