SPEEDTEST WILL NOT LET ME CHOOSE CLOSEST LOCATION

IJAMES5677

When I go to the setup guide it will not let me choose the location. It comes up to whatever city it wants to. I cancel the box and do it again and it comes up to another location. I am in the USA and I keep getting sites like Greece or some other far away land. I have also tried to click on the little green check in the bottom right corner and the same thing.

I think there are two bugs:

1. sometimes that it tried to find your location, and if it is unknown or does not have near by test servers - it shows a worldwide servers list, and never shows nearby  local servers again unless you re-start it.

2. As you said - some locations are being identified wrongly

If I were them, I'd list first - the need by locations, and below - the fixed world wide list. So if there is an error, you'll always be able to use the global list...

Do you happen to have their phone #?... :P

So, this list (below) comes from the?... And it changes almost every time you open the client or the setup guide (for some IPs) ? If so, throw them away .

1e1770339652771.jpg

It is a new feature, thus a new bug. Setup guide used to have a fixed list of locations, now you've changed it to auto-detect the nearest ones. A fail,  it is not working, Go for the old system, or append the fixed servers locations to whatever they send you.

Anyways, I'll send you my test results-screenshots, so you might understand better what I  mean/

Archived