RSS Downloader Stopped Working

isepiq

I have been using the RSS Downoader for quite a while now, but for the past month or more, it has stopped downloading.  Even the ones that were working and new ones don't download anything.  There are lots of listings in the RSS Feeds, including ones that worked just fine before this.   Any ideas or things for me to check would be great.  TY very much for ANY help.

IMHO

isepiq  B)

Thank U Rafi.  Sorry for my late reply but we were gone on a trip for a while.

Version:  I am always using the most current Stable Version.  For quite a few versions now my RSS Down-loader has stopped downloading anything.

Where is your 'My Issues-List V'????  Thank you.

IMHO

isepiq  B)

Hello

I have the same problem. I use RSS downloader for a few years and for a last build RSS downloader do not work properly.

I found that RSS list do not update automatically. When I force update from right click context menu, only then RSS update my lists and start download.

I use most recent build 3.4.2

OK, looks like it is fixed.  It appears that my VPN Service was the culprit... I had changed from their Netherlands Proxy to their US West Proxy and that is what it looks like did it.  Soon as I changed back to their Netherlands Proxy the RSS Downloader immediately started one of my RSS Downloads!!!!!   Thank U for your help Rafi.   If this happens to someone else they can check if they are using a VPN Service.

IMHO

isepiq

I am using 3.4.2 build 32126 and all seems to be working fine.  I have 20+ feeds and 200+ favorites.  Each feed has updates in the last few minutes (mine is set to check every 15 mins.)  I did have some that are no longer being published by the website, so I deleted those.

Can u try a few runs with the latest stable (replace the exe)? I think that somewhere along the way they have broken the RSS.

I am using 3.4.2 build 32126 and all seems to be working fine.  I have 20+ feeds and 200+ favorites.  Each feed has updates in the last few minutes (mine is set to check every 15 mins.)  I did have some that are no longer being published by the website, so I deleted those.

I take it back. Some shows got missed because feeds were not updated properly.  In addition, much of the historical lististings are not shown either.  3.3.2.x reveals the old listings again.  I have downgraded back to 3.3.2 because it fixes this, the Enable-Feed-button problem, and the Play-button problem.

FYI: Others have found a temp solution here: Changing numbers in rss.dat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, my feed's will not update when the Socks 5 proxy is enabled. If i disable the proxy everything works just fine. I am currently running version 35488 but have tried a magnitude of different versions as well. I have also tried the workaround by changing the numbers in the rss.dat file. I have also tried using rafi's v3.x quick-fix rss file. 

I have had this issue for approximately 2 years now and cannot express how sad I am this has not been resolved yet. I know this is a free program and what I am doing so I am extremely grateful for everything the dev's have done however if these rss feed problems could just get fixed I would be willing to purchase the premium versions of uTorrent to support the devs. 

Please let me know if there is any other information i can provide. 

Archived