Ports 25 & 110 Option

Cyberian

The fact this option is enabled by default sounds kinda stupid to me. There is nothing really special about those ports, the fact that some stupid antiviruses/firewalls think ut is sending an email when it tries to connect there is the antivirus/firewall problem, not ut. One should enable this if he dont have a choice, certainly not by default.

Uhh... what??

You mean: administrators allow users to provide only pop3 and auth services and all the others are blocked? That would be most ridiculous port blocking policy I've heard ever.

I strongly suspect that force wasn't with you when you write that post ;)

Uhh... what??

You mean: administrators allow users to provide only pop3 and auth services and all the others are blocked? That would be most ridiculous port blocking policy I've heard ever.

I strongly suspect that force wasn't with you when you write that post ;)

Yes it is stupid but i dont own that isp, i own isp who have all ports open (quite expensive dsl 2 with iptv). Cheaper adsl on my isp has port 113 only open.

I doubt that any user who chooses such an ISP will have port 113 open :-)

As for the new option. Shouldn't it be named something other than just "services"? It is kind of vague and implies many other ports besides 25 and 110. Also, any specific reason why ports 143 and 587 aren't blocked? ( I can imagine that the crappy software that complains about usuage of these ports doesn't even know about them ).

Archived