IPfilter not blocking

slayers

A simple test with IPfilter containing either

0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 or

000.000.000.000 - 255.255.255.255 , 000 , Block all

shows uTorrent continues to download and upload as if nothing changed. Advanced options was set to true for this test and the IPfilter.dat was located in uTorrents folder.

I'm surprised nobody reported this before so maybe there's something specific with my setup. What could it be?

I've been searching for awhile, and can't find the exact format that uTorrent uses.

I want to block the following IP ranges:

070.085.000.000 - 070.086.255.255 , 000 , The Planet

067.015.000.000 - 067.015.255.255 , 000 , ev1servers.net

There are hoards of IP's within those ranges that keep sending bad data in a few torrents I'm in. I put them in ipfilter.dat, as shown above, and it didn't work. How should I format it?

Thanks,

-Ares

I'm stumped.... I still can't get it working with the new version. Is there any way I can verify that the file was actually loaded?

Well actually, any of the above formats will work. I downloaded an existing filter and it said it was blocking hoards of IP's. It starts in the Logger tab by saying "Loaded ipfilter.dat (x entries)." Then when you encounter one of those peers, it will say it blocked them in the Logger tab.

These both work fine:

x.x.x.x - x.x.x.x , ### , Some Title

x.x.x.x - x.x.x.x

Just make sure not to have any extra returns between them, that's the only thing that made it stop working when I tested it.

Store the ipfilter.dat in "C:\Documents and Settings\<your logon name>\Application Data\uTorrent\"

Make sure "use ipfilter" or whatever is TRUE in your advanced uTorrent settings.

-Ares

If I interpret correctly from that post @ http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=82

The format of this file should be compatible with eMule-style ipfilter.dat and contains IP ranges on each line like so:

5.6.7.8 - 5.6.7.10

You should be able to USE Blocklist Manager and export .dat file.

And make sure in right directory as ares pointed out.

If I interpret correctly from that post @ http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=82
The format of this file should be compatible with eMule-style ipfilter.dat and contains IP ranges on each line like so:

5.6.7.8 - 5.6.7.10

You should be able to USE Blocklist Manager and export .dat file.

And make sure in right directory as ares pointed out.

Yes, you can. That's what I tested it with. =)

-Ares

• 3 weeks later...
Doesn't the Blocklist Manager "pad" the ranges? meaning

32.3.1.4 - 32.4.5.54

becomes

032.003.001.004 - 032.004.005.054

which, µTorrent won't/can't process.

N.B. although the above may work, it is technically incorrect as showing leading zeros in an IP4 address like the second example shows that the address is in octal not hexadecimal.

Archived