non stop crashing

Onignam

Since the lastest update, my utorrent crashes when download starts. and once i open it again, returns to checking the files which is annoying, aka checking 80+gb every time. ive run it in admin mode, tried everything, but no luck. im running lastest build of 3.5.5 45672. ive been using utorrent for 18+ years and this is a first problem for me.

• 3 months later...

I have a similar problem. Running under WIndows 10, Utorrent becomes "not responding". I have to terminate the Application and start it again where it goes about checking "random files" (even files downloaded several days/months ago). It them seems to function fine. When I check it in the morning, it is again "not responding" and I go through the same exercise. There is no .dmp file. It seems to crash between 12-18 hours. I can never make it through a 24 hour period.

On 9/7/2020 at 3:06 AM, Ruckus said:

I have a similar problem. Running under WIndows 10, Utorrent becomes "not responding". I have to terminate the Application and start it again where it goes about checking "random files" (even files downloaded several days/months ago). It them seems to function fine. When I check it in the morning, it is again "not responding" and I go through the same exercise. There is no .dmp file. It seems to crash between 12-18 hours. I can never make it through a 24 hour period.

I have win8.1, and also similar problem. Some people still use Win7. it 's possible to try uTorrent in Win7 - maybe it is more reliable in that old but good OS... it can be a problem not just something inside utorrent itself, but some other stuff in Windows which makes utorrent go crazy at certain situation. have no idea what's going on. it was like this with me before...

and by the way, if this worked well in previous version(s), it is a good idea to try that some older, but stable relaese, if this one is "beta" version or something... though I don't know which are most stable versions of Utorrent ;-( 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello.

I downloaded the LLA flag .exe and also read through the instructions which you provided to try and help but unfortunately It is still crashing on me. I have two machines for testing. One has approx 1,200 torrents and the other approx 5,600 torrents.

One machine keeps giving memory errors, the crash dump (when it does have one) is always 0 bytes, so nothing in it. Both machines are complete different hardware wise.

Could it be my version of windows ? is there something in it uTorrent doesn't like ?

Windows 10 Pro
Version 2004
OS Build 19041.867
Experience Pack 120.2212.5510 

Thanks again
Brad

You can try exit utorrent, backup your settings.dat file, and use a 0 bytes size file instead (so to use default config)  just to try and isolate.

No idea about Win 2004, never used it. You can try set a backword compatibility mode in the exe...

I had previously started with a new settings.dat - I deleted the file and started uTorrent again but still the same issues with crashing. I was watching the memory on task manager and as soon as it hit 3,700 meg it crashed/hung/not responsive. I have previously reloaded the machine with a fresh copy of windows but did't work and also removed antivirus.

I will reload the machine again, with no extras and see if this does anything.

Thanks for the your input to try and resolve.

> as it hit 3,700 meg it crashed/hung/not responsive.

Possibly  you hit the ~4GB limit that his LAA flag can give you (should have crashed sooner w/o it...)  OR the 10K GDI limit/leak, where you can try confirming that in task manager and (add GDI column) and increase it :

Archived