Onignam

non stop crashing

Since the lastest update, my utorrent crashes when download starts. and once i open it again, returns to checking the files which is annoying, aka checking 80+gb every time. ive run it in admin mode, tried everything, but no luck. im running lastest build of 3.5.5 45672. ive been using utorrent for 18+ years and this is a first problem for me.

Edited by Onignam

May you share .dmp file from %appdata%/utorretnt/  directory to help us investigate that issue please?

Thanks.

I have a similar problem. Running under WIndows 10, Utorrent becomes "not responding". I have to terminate the Application and start it again where it goes about checking "random files" (even files downloaded several days/months ago). It them seems to function fine. When I check it in the morning, it is again "not responding" and I go through the same exercise. There is no .dmp file. It seems to crash between 12-18 hours. I can never make it through a 24 hour period.

On 9/7/2020 at 3:06 AM, Ruckus said:

I have a similar problem. Running under WIndows 10, Utorrent becomes "not responding". I have to terminate the Application and start it again where it goes about checking "random files" (even files downloaded several days/months ago). It them seems to function fine. When I check it in the morning, it is again "not responding" and I go through the same exercise. There is no .dmp file. It seems to crash between 12-18 hours. I can never make it through a 24 hour period.

I have win8.1, and also similar problem. Some people still use Win7. it 's possible to try uTorrent in Win7 - maybe it is more reliable in that old but good OS... it can be a problem not just something inside utorrent itself, but some other stuff in Windows which makes utorrent go crazy at certain situation. have no idea what's going on. it was like this with me before...

and by the way, if this worked well in previous version(s), it is a good idea to try that some older, but stable relaese, if this one is "beta" version or something... though I don't know which are most stable versions of Utorrent ;-(