Dont trust slyck anymore

I'm going to feel absolutely no pity for the losers who get banned from using this. I can just imagine the following going through a tracker administrator's head: "Hmm... this guy's IP block says ipt.aol.com, but he uploaded 300TB in the two weeks after he joined... BAN!"

Don't worry, the 'badguys' that wanted it already got it.

I've been reading what google finds about BitTorrent cheating methods for a long time...it's not pretty.

I only download from public torrent sites as of right now, so I have little need to cheat and little desire to boot.

Any cheat program is potentially a trojan which could potentially be a keylogger or botnet node.

As I can't see what it's about (it's removed) I can only say that I assume it's a hacked µTorrent

client? Anyhow, I've found at least four on different forums lately, all hacked. So really, the whole "keeping it closed source to keep it from being hacked" seems a rather moot decision now.

YuRi said: "i dont thin this client actually connects to peers. I think it just uploads lies the to the tracker."

You're right -- it'd only be the tracker that could try to block this thing. And it'd have to be a smart or managed tracker for that to be likely to happen!

Archived