Features I feel would benefit everyone...

dcorban

Must have:

-Popup with text when hovering mouse over text that is longer than the viewable area instead of cutting off the text with "..."

-Use the infinity symbol instead of "inf".

-Fixed speed graph size. Could either limit it to your currently selected maximum download/upload or to a value of the user's choice.

-Ability to enter a hostname into the "ip reported to tracker" setting. Gives the ability to enter a dynamic hostname (Dyndns) host instead of a fixed IP. Right now it only allows a quad dotted IP.

-Seeding based on peer/seed ratio.

-Option to delete files to recycle bin.

-Option to select filetypes to ignore when creating a torrent file. Files such as "thumbs.db" usually need to be ignored.

-Ability to create multi-tracker torrent files.

-Ability to select files to skip when first loading torrent before files are allocated.

-Change where files are located without reloading torrent.

-Unicode and DHT 8)

Optional:

-User selectable "minimum KB/s per upload slot". Use this to automatically calculate and dynamically allocate upload slots based on currently selected maximum upload speed.

-"Resolve IPs" in the peers tab off by default. Maybe I am just paranoid, but isn't this causing many unnecessary DNS requests?

-Remove country flags. There will always be errors and ommissions. Stop wasting time with these.

-Display overall swarm speed in torrent detail view. This is useful for comparing your speed to what it "should be".

-Ability to enter a hostname into the "ip reported to tracker" setting. Gives the ability to enter a dynamic hostname (Dyndns) host instead of a fixed IP. Right now it only allows a quad dotted IP.

Great suggestion. I just helped a user that had a problem with this recently.

I think u came up with some feature requests that the majority might just agree on :lol:

-Popup with text when hovering mouse over text that is longer than the viewable area instead of cutting off the text with "..."

i like it

-Option to select filetypes to ignore when creating a torrent file. Files such as "thumbs.db" usually need to be ignored.

all good ones

-Remove country flags

i agree this is useless and i dont even use it.. and most of the time it isnt even correct especially with people using various proxies

-drop down menu for frequently used tracker announce URLs?

has to be one of the best helps alot with creating torrents (i wish bitcomet wud add that but who cares bout that i want utorrent to have it:D)

First, Congrats on being a user that makes a somewhat original request, well done.

Neat, Easy to implement (as far as i know), But then again, not one of the more useful overall features.

-Use the infinity symbol instead of "inf".

Will probably create some more unicode-missing errors. Maybe when unicode is in. I like the symbol better aswell.

-Fixed speed graph size. Could either limit it to your currently selected maximum download/upload or to a value of the user's choice.

Most definitly. Maybe add 'quarter' numbering (graph has about 4 parts, number each).

Requested before, Cant remember why ludde said it was a bit complex to do.

Never needed that, But i guess its useful for certain torrents that die quickly and vice versa.

I can't see anyone needing this when you have confermation dialogs for every delete operation.

There are very few of these system leftover files that can be just ignored entirely. Basiclly, people need to create torrents more carefully.

I guess, Though i'd prefer some of the better, stand-alone developed makers ala TorrentBuild.

-Ability to select files to skip when first loading torrent before files are allocated.

The BitComet Style dialog. Was requested many times before, but an idea i actually like. One of the good points comet had.

*shrugs*

-Unicode and DHT

DHT is the main focus right now, Unicode needs to (and will) be done.

-User selectable "minimum KB/s per upload slot". Use this to automatically calculate and dynamically allocate upload slots based on currently selected maximum upload speed.

Nice idea, not sure how accurate or useful this can be knowing the current option to turn on more upload slots if upload isnt being maximized.

-"Resolve IPs" in the peers tab off by default. Maybe I am just paranoid, but isn't this causing many unnecessary DNS requests?

*shrugs again*

-Remove country flags. There will always be errors and ommissions. Stop wasting time with these.

Disagree. errors or not, most of them are correct and its a nice thing to review. ("Wow, sending at 50kB/s.. Oh, Sweden. Figures.")

-Display overall swarm speed in torrent detail view. This is useful for comparing your speed to what it "should be".

Indeed, Very good troubleshooting statistic.

Just a quick post to back you up on your quest for these features:

Yep, great idea and should be fairly easy to implement.

I second this, also. A fixed graph size would give you a better idea how your torrents are doing on "face value", i.e. a quick glance.

IMO this should not be an option but default behaviour. I've often clicked away the confirmation box to then change my mind and restore files with a tedious undelete prog.

Jup, support this request 100%. -> Also saves time and disk space bec. some files won't need to be created. Maybe the dialog box to do this could be optional, like with BitComet.

Same as above. A great feature of BitComet, that I came to love bec. I'm often moving files and dirs. It's probably a bit hard to implement, as it requires "on the fly" hash checking.

Very much so. I often have scenarios where I seed multiple torrents, but want one to get most of the b/w. Currently, I have to manually limit every other torrent so my chosen torrent gets what I want it to get. Having a "minimum upload speed" option (i.e. the inverse of what I do manually), would make this task so much easier.

Again, thanks for a great BT client. Been using it for a couple of weeks now and am very happy!

Cheers!

I believe those are called tooltips ;)

IIRC the devs said they liked this idea.

Archived