Those eager for RSS support

johnlocke

The torrents themselves don't have RSS updates, but torrent sites do. So if you'd like to download every episode "a certain show" from "a certain site", for exapmle, with the feed and a filter for "a certain show" the program will automatically download the show.

EDIT: removed references to illegal content

I tried the uTorrent+TVTAD combo today, and wasn't happy with the results. .

With all snagged torrents from TVTAD I would get this error message in uTorrent:

"Unable to load "*****.torrent." File is not a valid torrent file!"

(note: replace the ***** with the many torrent names TVTAD tried loading into uTorrent)

I really don't care for TVTAD either, because it has very little amount of customization, which I guess I shouldn't complain about because the program is really meant for just TV show torrents anyways. I download mainly unlicensed anime.

Yeah. . a good RSS feed function is the only thing stopping me from making uTorrent my main bittorrent client (which currently is Azureus). Automatic downloads are a must for me, because with my job+lifestyle it all seems to fly by so quickly, so I can't be bothered with taking the time to lurk for my torrents. Plus automatic downloads are so damn convenient.

I tried the uTorrent+TVTAD combo today, and wasn't happy with the results. .

With all snagged torrents from TVTAD I would get this error message in uTorrent:

"Unable to load "*****.torrent." File is not a valid torrent file!"

(note: replace the ***** with the many torrent names TVTAD tried loading into uTorrent)

I really don't care for TVTAD either, because it has very little amount of customization, which I guess I shouldn't complain about because the program is really meant for just TV show torrents anyways. I download mainly unlicensed anime.

Yeah. . a good RSS feed function is the only thing stopping me from making uTorrent my main bittorrent client (which currently is Azureus). Automatic downloads are a must for me, because with my job+lifestyle it all seems to fly by so quickly, so I can't be bothered with taking the time to lurk for my torrents. Plus automatic downloads are so damn convenient.

Check out Torrent VCR @ http://torrentvcr.inacurate.com/

I haven't been able to get this to work for me, but that is a problem I am having with a private tracker. Guy who made it who uses the same tracker however says he got his program working. RSS stuff is eluding me, and I just haven't had the time to tinker with it yet, LOL.

Anyways...nifty little program, simplistic..not the prettiest UI but as long as it is functional I am pleased. And more so once I get it working. :D

Inac

• 2 weeks later...
RichMan, try changing the client launch method in TVTAD to ShellExecute Method. You can find it under the Client tab. I was having this same problem when I first started using it and it was because I had it set to the SaveAs Method instead.

i have to set it to storage method and it works. the shellexecute made µtorrent give me the error : Unable to load "my.torrent" !

Check out Torrent VCR @ http://torrentvcr.inacurate.com/

I haven't been able to get this to work for me, but that is a problem I am having with a private tracker. Guy who made it who uses the same tracker however says he got his program working. RSS stuff is eluding me, and I just haven't had the time to tinker with it yet, LOL.

Anyways...nifty little program, simplistic..not the prettiest UI but as long as it is functional I am pleased. And more so once I get it working. :D

Inac

Cool TorrentVCR has a homepage! I got a development 1.2 version of this off the author, cause it has tray minimization (The 1.1 version doesn't).

TorrentVCR is a great program that can fetch RSS feeds (of all types I believe) from torrent sites, download torrents from links in the RSS feeds based on custom filters (regular expressions), and start downloading the torrents in your favourite BitTorrent client (aka uTorrent).

It has a few little bugs but works great all in all (it has support for cookies as well, so you can fetch feeds from private torrent sites). The 1.1 version as I mentioned above doesnt have tray minimization so it just hangs around your taskbar all day, which is rather annoying.

I suppose the author of this program will release the 1.2 version before too long, which includes tray minimization.

If it doesn't have one then what am I doing wrong that's causing TV VCR to get an error?

Make sure under the "Settings" tab and your Bittorrent client, your command line path looks like this "C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxx\Desktop\utorrent.exe %file"

I think I had the same problem initially until I actually read the documentation that came with the program. :P

I still haven't gotten it working, but I haven't needed it at all lately...not a lot of hours at work so all I get to do is sit home and watch for new torrents to download....LOL.

And yes, last I knew the author was working on 1.2 and fixing some of the bugs I have pointed out, among others I am sure.

Inac

Archived