Pause upload option in tray icon

xxxLesy

This would be a very handy feature for all of us gamers. Its also very simple to make. Here's the situation:

When Im about to play an online game, I want it to run smothly but dont want to pause my torrents. Only the upload speed has to be limited for the game to run smothly (since for most of us it is 8 times slower than dl speed). But if I want to do that I have to go to settings\network, enter a number and confirm. If you added an option to disable upload (or limit to max 4 kb/s) in the tray icon option, it would take only 2 clicks.

Tnx in advance

Limiting upload alone will not help you as much as shutting down downloading in general. Both uploading and downloading require frequent disk access, which interferes with the game's own disk access. If you're just worried about ping, it may work out for you to limit upload only, but for overall performance, you'll need to limit both.

Tnx for the info everybody, especially DutchDude.

Only limiting uploads helps a lot to me, cuz I download to a sepperate drive from my c drive where I have windows, games and programs. So downloading doesnt interfear with my games at all.

But Id still like to see a limit to 0 kb/s (or 1 if 0 isnt possible) option.

Archived