"uTorrentPartFile" Hide option!

mupet0000

I think it would be good if these "~uTorrentPartFile_*******.dat" were hidden so i didnt have to see them. I dont want to right click them all and hide, i would like there to be an option in utorrent where you can select if these files are hidden or not.

They just bug me.

@tjobo: I thought the partfiles were created in the download directory itself. So how can you move them all to a specific directory?

They anyway get deleted once you remove the torrents from the queue, so what's the big deal? Hide them manually if you want, or if you have a single download directory, run a simple batchfile containing attrib /s ~uTorrentPartFile*.dat +h to hide them with a couple of clicks.

Didn't realise he was making a general suggestion. :) I thought he was telling the two users getting bugged by the the files to put them in a centralized location, and was wondering how that might work with the current version.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea though, eh?

It won't be put into a centralized location, as partfiles can get quite large, and you don't wanna have them filling up your C drive or something.

As for HIDING them, well, as long as the option isn't on by default... But still, for all intents and purposes, it's part of the torrent data, so it should show up until the torrent is removed from the client.

Yes.. It was a suggestion.

@Firon: How large can they be? I mean.. most users can stuff a least 100mb on their c: drive, and the partfiles gets deleted sooner or later, right?

At least it could advanced optional, with default keeping it what is now.

btw. does partfiles get deleted on just "Delete torrent?" ? because they should, as you don't need them when the torrent is not loaded.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=263182#p263182

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=263252#p263252

Yes, then the torrent is removed, the partfile gets deleted. Partfiles can be large if you have some large torrent contents (50GB, for example?) with hundreds of files, and you select every other file (yes, this is a contrived/hypothetical situation). µTorrent will end up storing a LOT of partfile data.

• 1 year later...

It's not a bad idea (to hide the partfiles) but they need to stay in the same directory as the rest of the files. Option could be on the 'directories' preference screen, off by default, turning it on should hide all the partfiles, not just new ones. :/

Archived