ctfmon.exe

firefox.exe

notepad++.exe

procexp.exe

uTorrent.exe

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crashed to me too three times. it says something like "cannot read <filename>.tmp. Program needs to close. "

Options are "send to developers crash info", or "close"; i 've sent the infos.

I also have the .Dmp files, if there's any need of them to post this lol

anyhow going back to 1.72.

went from 1.6.1 to 1.7.3. why does my settings.dat look like this?

4r2bwc0.jpg

i am having problems with my router disconnecting the internet connection or slowing the connection speed down. i have a 1Mbit connection where i constantly get 90Kb/s download speeds. but for some reason, at random times, my internet speed crawls anywhere from 10Kb/s-37Kb/s. i have everything disabled in utorrent. the only thing on is to retrieve scrape info. could LPD or NAT-PMP be causing this? i know when i use 1.6.1 and a clean settings.dat, everything works fine.

Process    Process    CPU    Priority    Working Set    Private Bytes    Virtual Size    PID    Description    Company Name    CPU Time    Start TimeSystem Idle Process                                             Interrupts                                             DPCs                                             System                                              smss.exe                                               csrss.exe                                               winlogon.exe                                                services.exe                                                 svchost.exe                                                 svchost.exe                                                 svchost.exe                                                 svchost.exe                                                 svchost.exe                                                 nlsvc.exe                                                  NLClient.exe                                                 PDAgent.exe                                                 Smc.exe                                                 PDEngine.exe                                                 svchost.exe                                                 alg.exe                                                lsass.exe                                            explorer.exe                                             MouseFix.exe                                             pstrip.exe                                             D4.exe                                             TeaTimer.exe                                             daemon.exe                                             devldr32.exe                                             cmd.exe                                             flashget.exe                                             procexp.exe                                             opera.exe utorrent.exe

I don't really understand the differences between 1.7.2 / 3 & 4 (no crashing anywhere for me), but I did see an awfull lot of 'bad packet - disconnections' (which seemed to be related specifically to legacy connections) with 1.7.2 & 3. This appears to be all cured now with 1.7.4 --- It's working superbly (well, best it can now that I've exceeded my download allowance again).

Childish of me perhaps, but I always go looking through the menus and options hoping for some on-your-face difference between versions, and feel disappointed when there's nothing.

Is it too much to ask for some 'user-level' jollys from the developers?

If you want in-your-face difference, look at the titlebar or About dialog; you'll notice 1.7.2 changed to 1.7.4... :o Yes, it's a bit much to ask for changes to the interface if most of the changes were behind-the-scenes changes. Arbitrarily changing the interface between versions for no reason makes no sense.

If you're looking for interface eye-candy in general, you're most likely not going to find much in µTorrent, as it does not agree with the philosophy behind µTorrent. A clean and lightweight interface (with changeable icons) is all you get because simplicity is a Good Thing™.

hello....i didn't have any problems with the utorrent 1.7.2, didn't update to 1.7.3, but now i updated to 1.7.4 (the latest) and have to report a problem with the embedded tracker feature in utorrent

it dosn't work in the new version--> it says: Tracker status: offline(timed out)

at first i thought that i made a mistake in the ip address or the port, or that the feature was dissabled in the new version, and that i had to turn it on...but i checked everything and it was all as it should be---but still didn't work

so i downloaded the 1.6.1 build 490 version of the net, installed it and now everything works fine again...---> so i can presoume that it is a problem with the new version of utorrent...

does enyone have the same problem??

Archived