1.1.3 Problems

ColdArmor

Some problems I am currently having:

- when adding a torrent while client is running, the tracker will say "updating" forever and never conect, but when I restart the client they connect within seconds..

- speeds are slow. connects faster, but speeds not so good.

- still having problems with torrents that have hundreds of seeds and connecting to 0 and 0 peers to some reason. and yes I have removed the torrent files and re-downloaded them into the client.

- also, the uTorrent.exe process lingers after properly shutting down. I shut the client down about 3 minutes agoa nd the process is still running.

Same here, the peers are connected fast this time, the speed transfer raises normally for , let's say 1 or 2 minutes, but after that, the Yo-yo speed game is back (speed decrease from 20 to 50 % every X (from 10 to 30) seconds. Big big disappointement :cry:

I think this client needs much more time to be fully improved. I'm not sure releasing one new version every week'll be very helpful.

ps : don't ask me for the 2823th time if I capped my upload, opened/forwarded ports and so on. All is done correctly and I compare the Same torrents on Same trackers with other clients, so I can clearly see the difference

good luck to you, and back to bitcomet for some time...

I'm not sure releasing one new version every week'll be very helpful.
since when does not more testing help? sigh..

I agree. Its better to release quickly and let the users try. Thats the only way to improve.

Doesnt mean longer time means when it comes out, it will not have problems. Sometimes even with longer time, the same number of problems.

Good service from the developers.

cant really say if the "speed problems" are fixed, seeing as ALL torrents per definition seem to have fluctuations in speed. im on a 2mbit down connection, but its a very rare thing to see (big) torrents go more than, say, 50k/s for longer than a few seconds/minutes.

Its just the way it is, imho.

still, i do see that utorrent doesnt seem to "find" all seeds there are. while azureus sees 6 utorrent sometimes sees 0-2 only..

definitely something that still needs work. :oops:

- also, the uTorrent.exe process lingers after properly shutting down. I shut the client down about 3 minutes agoa nd the process is still running.

I noticed this as well. Too restart the client I have to use the Task Manager to kill the old process before starting it again. I thought this might have something to do with the sending of a STOP message when closing, but that's just a wild guess.

1.1.3 definately improved the connectivity to peers. I connect to more seeds/leeches and consequently speed has improved.

But I too find there are torrents that have lots of seeds and peers available but never connect. I have several which are connected to the same tracker but nothing ever happens. I don't think it's a tracker issue as I have other torrents connected to the same tracker (tracker.prq.to) that are rocking away.

I don't think this has anything to do with UDP/DHT.

Torrent download speeds depend on how fast other clients are uploading to you and what clients your client chose to ask for pieces. With uTorrent 1.1.3, I'm able to reach my DSL connection's downstream max within a few minutes of connecting to healthy, well-seeded torrents. Maybe uTorrent's client picking algorithm could be optimized a bit but I don't see any problems with it so far.

For those of you that are seeing speed problems, try one of the debian.org cd image torrents which will have lots of seeds:

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r0a/i386/bt-cd/

If you are able to get a fast speed off one of those torrents then I'd say the blame for slow speeds lies on the particular torrent you are on or perhaps your internet connection.

Downloading OpenOffice v2.0 RC1, I reached 560KB/s, and averaged something like 360KB/s (rough guess).

On other torrents though, I got varying results (experienced the "yo-yo" speeds here). Not sure, but it seems like it really depends on the torrent (and the people you connect to).

Downloading OpenOffice v2.0 RC1, I reached 560KB/s, and averaged something like 360KB/s (rough guess).

On other torrents though, I got varying results (experienced the "yo-yo" speeds here). Not sure, but it seems like it really depends on the torrent (and the people you connect to).

well DER it takes thought to figure that out seeing nothing is dedicated in bittorrent expect it to flux. period.

Archived