Christ!!!This thing is slow!!!

part

Hello, I am trying to fix it now but when I set my static IP in the connection panel my internet doesn't work, my computer is connected to the home network plan with my father, his computer uses a westell 327w router and he has bellsouth internet. My laptop connects via wifi, I did the cmd, check my settings and my ip is 192.168.number.3 more numbers.

I think I am doing something wrong but so far no luck, my wifi card picks up other secured networks and all of them show up when I do cmd command.

Okay, I found my static IP and logged into my user info, I cannot get into the router yet but I did find a section that says NAT gaming and it list games and services like xbox live...blah..blah.

Of course I don't see Utorrent there but what do I do to create the ports?

There's no need for hiding internal IP-addresses since they can't be reached from external ones without port triggering/forwarding. But as it seems to work now, it's probably fine. (I would recommend that you set the last number of the IP to something between 2 and 50 since the router DHCP usually gives out numbers above 50 (and mostly above 100 as well).

I still can't seem to figure out what bandwidth you have got. Would you please tell us if you know that?

I can't find the proper ip address to work in the view network connections box, when I go to cmd and change the ip address the internet doesn't work, but when I type 192.168.1.254 which is what my cmd says is my static ip address I can configured the nat but the speeds are still very slow and not working right.

C:\>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

okay, this stuff isn't for me, it's not working, torrent dead.

utorrent port - 7274

I set my port forwarding to 7274-7274

7274, ip address 192.168.1.97 but that ip can't log on online at the webpage but the 192.168.1.254 can.

Something isn't right.

Archived