Add file which already in list

heem

Hi.

I have a problem to add torrent file,

I have a torrent which seeding and I want to add another torrent (which another tracker)

when I add it show :

"The torrent that you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?".

When I click yes. the tracker will add to a torrent which in a list.

But I want each tracker each torrent Can't it?

PS. sorry my English isn't good.

• 1 month later...

Same "problem" for me.

Sometimes I upload the same files on two different anti-leech-trackers. I organize my torrents in groups, so, different groups for the two anti-leech-trackers (just to keep things clear and well arranged).

When I load a .torrent file from tracker "A" into uTorrent, I don't get any errors and everything works fine.

Next, I want to load exactly the same .torrent file (at least the "content" is the same, the tracker differs, of course) from tracker "B" and then get the "The torrent that you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?" error...

Is there a way to bypass that error or an option to disable this check?

Thanks in advance!

Uhm, well I'm talking about during automated downloading or command-line adding (afaik ALL manual additions popup the box), BUT the two options I was talking about are "show a list of files" and "always show dialog" under Ctrl-P -> Downloads...

Please note this popup is USEFUL, as it tells you and shows you (if the torrent is in the current view... use "ALL" category view (F7) to ensure this is the case)...where/what the torrent is. uT uses the INFOHASH to check the content so it's guaranteed to be what you're looking for :D Obviously you like it, you downloaded more than 1 torrent for the content.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same problem as the original poster so I was just wondering if anyone has a solution or a work-around. I want to share a torrent of the same folder on different sites with differing trackers.

When I get this message: "The torrent that you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?" I can click Yes and presumably screw up my already-existing-and-properly-functioning torrent. Or I can click No and it simply won't put the torrent in the list.

Altering the name of the torrent file won't work either since utorrent just loads the name of the folder I want to share instead of the full name I used when creating the torrent.

To make matters more confusing, I've inadvertently managed to get this to work on a few occasions. In other words, sometimes this prompt will come up and sometimes it won't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

I suppose I could copy and paste a new version of the folder elsewhere on my hard drive but that seems like an unnecessary waste of storage space.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

No there is no workaround. Torrents with the same infohash are only listed once. I believe it's default to add each additional tracker on a separate tier so you don't lose data transfer. Getting it to "work" the way you're asking requires changing the infohash.. which means it won't work on the tracker anyway.

That or you're not explaining exactly what you want to do...

Thanks for your help. Bear with me. :) I have no idea what an infohash is.

Let me run through what I'm trying to do in more detail.

I want to share a folder on SITE A so...

I select Create New Torrent.

I click Add New Directory.

I point it to a folder called FOLDER A.

Under torrent properties, I put the tracker information from SITE A.

I click Create and Save As.

I name it "SITE A - FOLDER A"

I upload the torrent to SITE A.

It shows up in utorrent with the name FOLDER A.

It works like a charm.

Now I want to share the *same folder* on SITE B. I'll need to create a new torrent with different tracker information so...

I select Create New Torrent.

I click Add New Directory.

I point it once again to the folder called FOLDER A.

Under torrent properties, I put the tracker information from SITE B.

I click Create and Save As.

I name it "SITE B - FOLDER A"

Now when I save the torrent and utorrent tries to add it, I get the message: "The torrent that you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents. Do you want to load the trackers from it?"

If I click No, it cancels the torrent and I'm stuck.

If I click Yes (which I haven't tried to do) I assume it will copy over the tracker information I entered for SITE A with the new information from SITE B thus killing the first torrent I got working at SITE A.

As I mentioned, in the past I've gotten this to work (sharing the same folder on different sites) with no message prompt. Utorrent shows multiple torrents in the name list that have the exact same name and they're all working at different sites. I have no idea what (if anything) I did differently in creating those torrents to make them work.

Does it have something to do with these mysterious infohashes?

Thanks again.

I think you're just a bit confused, and that's alright ;)

When you make a torrent from data... say the OpenOffice torrents... It doesn't matter how many sites you upload it to. As long as you don't need to re-download the torrent for sites b, c, or Z it's all the same torrent.

The fact uT pops up this dialog is proof of that. It's the same torrent so there's no need for you to have to listings inside uT OR to have two copies of the data ;) "infohash" is a combination of hash (because that's what it is) and info (the info dictionary to be precise).. which is what makes each torrent separate and able to be tracked by the trackers so everyone knows what they're sharing.

It's not your torrent creation that's different... it's how the sites distribute their torrents. To make sure the info dictionary and therefore infohash is different many sites add data there. :) This goes back to previously.. if the sites where you have multiple listings require you to re-download the torrent, that's probably what's going on.

Can I ask why you want all torrents to behave this way? Are you having trouble with the torrents themselves on these sites?

Yes, I am confused! TERRIBLY CONFUSED! Thank you for helping.

Hmm, well one of these sites does say, upon uploading a torrent, "You will need to re-download the torrent blah blah blah." So I guess you're right... that's what is causing my confusion. But how do I proceed?

My thinking was that I needed to create new torrents each time because the tracker information or the tracker's announce urls need to be different for each site. I don't understand how one torrent pointing to a data folder can work across different sites if each of those sites requires different information in the Torrent Properties: Trackers box.

Thanks again for your continued help. I'm starting to understand this stuff better but I still don't know how to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish.

There's a nice simple and graphical way to check :D You see Bencoded file editor below? Go there, download the recent version, unrar it, and open the exe. Or open it twice.

Then you stick in one of the torrents (the one you made, or the one that doesn't need to be redownloaded)... and stick the one from the private tracker in the other instance. Scroll down to the "info" dictionary (it has the + next to it). Notice how there's extra stuff for the private tracker? That's why the infohash on the General tab is different and uT has two places for it.

Being new you should get the µManual, and check out http://xrl.us/BTFAQ and http://xrl.us/BTTerms . They along with the glossary in the manual should help you with the jargon you see on here. And the Manual is how to use the uT GUI :D

The point still stands, if the site doesn't require you to re-download the torrent, and it asks "combine trackers" you just say yes and keep the torrent going.

Where it is the same content in the same format but different sites you have the option of adding the torrent with Ctrl-D to path to the directory before adding it... or you just click drag or Ctrl-O and right click advanced set download location to the existing data's path :D

Archived